Texecom 48 panel UDL help Plse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to dial into my Texecom 48 panel without the system invoking the call back feature. i.e. call the panel using Wintex -get immediate answer then start uploading and downloading.

So far the panel answers ok and data exchanages initiates then the Texecom modem then hangs up and waits for the panel to call back. Can I set the modem remain connected rather than expecting the call back?

BR//

Sponsored Links
make sure manual call back is on in udl options as per default settings and call defeat if on a shared line, check any answer machines and ajust number of rings.

Does that not require the user to be on site and manually tell the panel to call back?

Sponsored Links
Well if this is wrong please correct me.

M - Man Call-Back
The system will not use the automatic call back feature. The
user must instruct the panel to call back the remote
downloading computer.

when you have fitted a few maybe thats when you may comment
M - Man Call-Back
The system will not use the automatic call back feature. The
downloading computer. DEFAULT ON yes ON if its not ON its on auto-call back WHICH IS AS FOLLOWS
the remote downloading computer calls the control panel and establishes a connection
the UDL password is verified and the remote downloading computer instructs the panel to call it back using one of the 3 call back numbers
the panel hangs up and dials the requested number and re-establishes the connection with the computer DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW !

Understood it from the beginning, but to be sure I ASKED, I did NOT ASSUME.

However this is not what the OP asked for is it.
He asked
I'd like to dial into my Texecom 48 panel without the system invoking the call back feature
get immediate answer then start uploading and downloading.

So he wants an AUTOMATIC INSTANT handshake and UDL, not what you have suggested.
Which was
The
downloading computer.
How can he do this if he is not on site?

I think you need to have a little rethink.

you just dont get it do you.... HE DOES NOT NEED TO BE ON SITE...... IF YOUR SO CLEVER YOPU TELL ME.....i am waiting for your answer

Its there above, if the auto call back is disabled the USER has to authorize the call back manually.

What part are you not understanding, many panels have this facility and also what the OP wants which is a direct connection.
Nothing here shows a direct connection is available here.

Perhaps if you were to take a deep breath and have another look you will see the error you have made.
As before if there is a way of doing this without initiating a call back Then by all means make it clear.

I understand he will not be on site, he is using remote UDL. With what you suggest someone will have to be. He wants DIRECT ACCESS. Is that any easier for you?

Now you can do this with Lineloader and RSS, but this is a Texecom.

OH NO MY 90+ TEXECOM CONFIGS WONT WORK ! GUESS I WILL HAVE TO DAIL IN TO THEM ALL AND CHANGE THEM. NOT !!!!!!!!!! tell you what let TELCOJACK do what he thinks is the correct answer and see what happens, he can already get into to the panel so his config is ok. so lets see what happens.

Yes he can, with call back.
He does not want call back.

What is it your not understanding?

I await your answer.

what dont YOU understand as its very simple manual ON = NO CALLBACK manual OFF auto = CALLBACK...... V E R Y S I M P L E....

From your quote,
The system will not use the automatic call back feature.
The
user must instruct
the panel to call back the remote
downloading computer.

Thanks Sparkymarka,

Your description was spot on. As soon as I set Wintex to "manual", the modem did not request call back from the panel but connected on 2nd attempt (I have call defeat enabled) - it worked a treat.

The first line of the manual is very clear ... checked = automatic call back feature disabled. As I understand it - the remote computer verifies password, uploads serial number etc but it does not instruct a call back - the remote sesson therefore continues till the hang up command is issued. I seems that the line ...user must instruct the panel to call back... is not relevant in version 8 S/W.

It's good news that I did not need to make a 10 hour round trip to fix a wee config error. Well done and thanks again both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back