Texecom 48 - testing a new PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have added a new PIR to this system for our utility room. It's not a 'pet friendly' type but it's dual mode so I'm hoping it won't notice our cat. I want to put it on test for a while to see if it's triggered.

How should I set the zone so that it will log any triggering 24 hours, without giving an alarm? I've tried various settings but haven't found the right one.

Also I thought it would be good to set it to Chime, but that doesn't seem to work either. I set that zone to Chime 1 and Area A to give chimes, but it doesn't sound. What am I doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes I have been turning it on and off :)

But I would prefer to test it by logging each time it is activated, so that I can see what times it happened. Can I do that without disturbing normal use of the alarm?

You need to program the zone with the "T" attribute in attributes 2, then go into "engineer utils" and enable the soak test for the area that the detector is in (area A if you only have one area set up)

If the detector triggers when the system is armed, the panel will log the activation and will show "test failed" when disarmed. Alternatively, the "medical" zone type will cause a silent alarm in the set and unset states.

A standard detector, dual tech or not, will false alarm eventually, especially with a cat roaming about. I would strongly advise you look into perimeter protection (doors/windows) for the room where the cat will be kept before your alarm starts to cry wolf every time the cat climbs onto the window sill!

Thank you Scott. Yes I found that setting last night and have left it running. I want to give it a very long test before even considering leaving it live.

I want to give it a very long test before even considering leaving it live.
The number of days that it remains on test is controlled by Global Options - System Timers - 18 Soak test time. Default is 14 days then it returns to working normally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back