Texecom 48w Part Arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Guys,

Got a weird issue when part arming the above, only one area set on the alarm which covers all sensors, full arm works a treat no problem, when part arming, the sensor that is omitted on the part arm works as it should, but another sensor which is in the living room is also been omitted, even when the attribute is not ticked to do so, cannot for the life of me see why, all other sensors on the part arm work as they should with the same attributes as the living room one.

Any pointers welcome.

Gary

Sponsored Links
What version panel are you on (menu 4 on keypad)?
Do both devices show up on walk test as seperate zones?
What is the full programming for each zone?
What sensors are being used?

Got me there, not on site at the moment.
All the devices show up on the walk test fine.
As for zone programming, you need attributes or types, basic setup, one area, installed are two Micro Contact W's, and three Premier Compact PW-W
1 door mag setup on exit /entry, all other devices set to guard, only difference on part arm, is one of the pw-w's are omitted, but one that is not set to be omitted fails to guard, attributes set are identical to a zone that acts as it should do on part.

Cheers

hmm,

always full programming,

zone number all the way through.

if its a pw-w and it walk tests okay, wait at least 4 minutes before walking in front of the sensor after arming, make sure the pir cant see you for that 4 minutes.

Sponsored Links
Will give that a try, but when it's fully armed, I can leave it 10 seconds and it will trigger off, not sure why part arm should be any different.

Might delete the device and relearn it, see if it makes any difference.

Cheers

The part arm behaviour should be no different to the full arm behaviour.

Other than based on its programming and version number of the panel.

deleting the device an relearning it shouldn't make a significant difference abut if all else fails its worth a shot.

in general the main reason pirs don't work that are wireless is because they are sleeping to bypass that you can change the mode to always awake instead of auto for the purposes of testing.

knowing the programming will help rule certain things out.

Now that is a good idea, will set to always awake, just to see if it a makes a difference.
Without sounding too dumb, what do you mean by programming ? as in zones types, global options ?

Cheers

what programming have you being fiddling with.

most mistakes are made in zone programming as that is the most changed.

if some sensors work in part set and full set and some only in full set then I would be looking t zone programming first

Fiddling, more setting up I would say, with a small niggle.

Yeah triple checked the settings in zone programming, only option I could see for a zone not to operate under a part, is if the attribute is selected to omit it from the part arms, could not see anywhere else it could be.

Cheers

I cant comment on they are all the same but one device is not working but only not working in part set. This suggest that something is different specifically with that device.

I don't know if you have compared them manually or in Wintex and if Wintex is an accurate reflection of the panel programming.

You telling me that there is no difference may well be correct, it isn't that I don't trust you that I want to be more specific, it is so I can better help you.

the always awake mode will certainly rule out the device sleeping.

I will start with the suggestions above, always difficult if you don't see the whole picture as to how it has been setup when not infront of it, just thought I had missed something, I may have done.
No wintex attached to this one, so all done via the keypad, which in itself is fun.

Cheers for all you help so far though.

UPDATE

So it seems for some reason on part set the pir that was not activating takes longer to kick in when compared to a full set, put the sensor on alway awake and it triggered straight away, put it back on auto, and it takes around a minute before it will trigger on part, when on full does it near instantly, so it worked all along, just takes a bit longer to communicate on part for some reason.

Cheers to secureIam for the pointers.

Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back