Texecom Area Arming Modes - Entry/Exit vs Timed Exit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

While checking my Texecom's alarm system settings I realised that it was set to timed exit (in the area programming / arming modes menu)... Not sure why that is - especially since our main door has a contact sensor - which is set to entry/exit...
What's that arming mode setting used for?

Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
it means it gives you an amount of time to get out of the door before it fully sets. its normally about 30 seconds.
if it was final set then it would set after you shut the last door and stop the count down.

it means it gives you an amount of time to get out of the door before it fully sets. its normally about 30 seconds.
if it was final set then it would set after you shut the last door and stop the count down.
Thanks mate! And why is there a setting for this in the area settings and then again for each zone? Thanks mate :)

Zone behaviour is determined by zone type.

Arming mode changes how the system arms.

E/E zone type starts the entry.

On. Timed exit arming mode you have a set time to leave the property before the alarm sets.

E/E arming mode requires the entry exit door to be opened and closed the system then sets in 8 seconds which is the default exit settle time.

Exit settle time is the time allowed for the system ti settle before committing ti the set (for the want of a better explanation).

Sponsored Links
Zone behaviour is determined by zone type.

Arming mode changes how the system arms.

E/E zone type starts the entry.

On. Timed exit arming mode you have a set time to leave the property before the alarm sets.

E/E arming mode requires the entry exit door to be opened and closed the system then sets in 8 seconds which is the default exit settle time.

Exit settle time is the time allowed for the system ti settle before committing ti the set (for the want of a better explanation).
Ah right... So if my front door (zone) is set to entry/exit - that just means it won't trigger the alarm if I enter the house... (So it just determines what happens if someone enters the house).
And the entry/exit arming mode determines what happens when you exit...
Got it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back