Texecom 24 - Setup Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully a simple question..

About to install a Texecom 24 system and for ease of installation really want to avoid having to install door contacts. Instead I have planned to have a PIR by the main entrance (utility room), set as Entry/Exit 1 and use a timed exit arm mode.

I assume there's no problem with this arrangement? The PIR will be able to see the keypad and so the user setting the alarm but as it will be an Entry/Exit zone I'm hoping this won't cause any issues?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Do it correctly and fit the door contacts, then if someone breaks in through a window they will be seen by the PiR and the system will activate immediately rather than a delay.

Many thanks for the responses.

I appreciate the comment but thankfully the utility room only has a solid door for access so no window to break in through and all other PIRs in the house will of course immediately trigger the alarm.

So the original question - will this setup with timer exit arm function?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes but ! Make sure it's set to timed not entry exit as this acts like final door set ! Ps this is not the zone type

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back