Texecom Battery replacement - siren and keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I bought a house with a Texecom system (Elite 64, firmware v5). I have the engineer code and I’m relatively confident working on the system (done a few things like adding wired PIRs, or updating the firmware before).
I believe the batteries will need replacing, soon.
I bought the appropriate lithium batteries on Amazon.
Battery swapping for the PIRs seems relatively straightforward.
However, I am a bit concerned about swapping the batteries for the keypad (will I need to connect it to the panel with a cable?), and the siren (I’ve read the process is more complicated for the siren).
Many thanks for helping out! Will go on holidays in a few days and don’t think I’d get an engineer over in time…
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Put in engineers mode ideally.

Take out old batteries.
Tamper a few times
Put in new batteries
Say no to learning keypad as it’s already learned if asked

Bell box batteries.
Enter engineering
Disable bell by placing in hold off if still working
Take out batteries (may find it easier to disconnect battery pack and bring down ladders and empty and refill and take back up ladder)

Plug back in and close up.

Test bell box from engineer ultilities

Bell box batteries.
Enter engineering
Disable bell by placing in hold off if still working
Take out batteries (may find it easier to disconnect battery pack and bring down ladders and empty and refill and take back up ladder)

Plug back in and close up.

Test bell box from engineer ultilities
Thanks so much mate! Can you explain the "placing in hold off" a bit more? How or in which menu would I be able to do that?
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
same as the hard wired texecom bell,

engineer utilities, Bell test, omit
Ok for anyone who's reading this in the future... I didn't make it work and the alarm still rang... But if you take out the battery pack quickly it'll stop damaging your ears pressing omit didn't work on that menu sadly... Maybe next time I'll figure it out

Omit only works if it says disabled in t he bell test and it’s able to communicate with the wireless bell. You can tel that it’s in hold off by the LEDs usually.

Omit only works if it says disabled in t he bell test and it’s able to communicate with the wireless bell. You can tel that it’s in hold off by the LEDs usually.
Cheers buddy... Will try next time I need to change those batteries in 2 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back