Upgrading Texecom without triggering the siren?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to upgrade my Texecom Elite 48-W to version 4.0, however I am having a few issues, one of them being it stopping the upgrade half way through.

Maybe someone can direct me as to what, if anything I am doing wrong please?

1. Access the engineers menu via keypad
  2. Open control box panel
  3. Enter engineers menu on the keypad again to turn off the internal siren
  4. Cut mains power to the alarm, leave the battery connected
  5. Connect Flash PCB to the JC2 port
  6. Return mains power to the board, press reset on the Flash PCB and start the upgrade
At some point, the external siren gets triggered. Is there a way to prevent this happening as it seems a little odd that routine maintenance should be triggering the siren.

My keypad now seems to have frozen, stuck showing Box Lid Tamper too

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You need to put the siren into hold off mode, trigger strobe 3 times then power down.

The siren is designed to trigger in the event that an intruder downpowers the system to stop it.

You need to put the siren into hold off mode, trigger strobe 3 times then power down.

The siren is designed to trigger in the event that an intruder downpowers the system to stop it.

Yup I had figured that, I just can't for the life of me find any mention of this hold off mode.

EDIT. Found it, but currently the keypad is frozen. Not entirely sure how to fix this one other than to pull the power and the battery and try to reboot it

Last edited:
Ended up calling Texecom. They said restore to factory.
Did that, set the siren off again and nothing has changed!

Hopefully got someone coming to look at it later. No idea what's going on

Sponsored Links
I take it you have a texecom siren? In which case hold off mode will prevent siren ringing when power is removed from system.

As for frozen keypad, this is not common but could be an incorrectly addressed keypad or a short circuit on the data line. Wire keypad directly into panel and power cycle system with bell in hold off mode.

Let us know how it goes.

So I had to cut all the power to the panel to do anything, keypad came back showing what appeared to be test characters.
Alarm Company that came out said the main board was trashed and I needed a new one.

Restored the power and tried reflashing version 4. This seemed to work, so I'm all up and running again now with one problem:

External Siren apparently has a Radio Conf Error and Ricochet Monitoring is showing the following:
upload_2017-8-7_16-23-35-png.894924

rebuilt ricochet network, open panel & move the comissioning link over for about 15mins then move back & wrap panel back up again. If fault is stil present then delete & relearn bell.

rebuilt ricochet network, open panel & move the comissioning link over for about 15mins then move back & wrap panel back up again. If fault is stil present then delete & relearn bell.

Thanks. Will leaving the commissioning link in place for 15 minutes rebuild the ricochet network, or is there a option to do that somewhere?
I've had a look through the installation guide and can't seem to find anything relevant to that

Its not in the manuals but it is the only way to rebuilt the network. Leave link off for 15mins and then refit and exit engineer mode. As I say you may need to relearn siren if that dont work.

Its not in the manuals but it is the only way to rebuilt the network. Leave link off for 15mins and then refit and exit engineer mode. As I say you may need to relearn siren if that dont work.

Thanks. Not looking too hopeful so far! Hoping I don't have to relearn the siren as I haven't got any ladders with me!

EDIT:
Not looking good:
JF953XW.png

Last edited:
Just to confirm, the siren was working perfectly until you done what?

So panel was on V3 firmware and everything was fine.

1. Attempted to upgrade the panel to V4, failed to flash it
  2. I attempted another reflash of version 4.0, flash succeeded.
  3. Restored the board to default and then re-uploaded the configuration from Wintex
Now everything is back to normal apart from the Siren as it has the above issues. I've tried it in commission mode twice. Once I just connected the jumper, opened Ricochet Monitor and let it does its security scan to 100%

Second time I pulled the power to the board and restored it, then ran the monitor again, still no joy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back