Texecom - changing siren battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,
I have the Elite 64 Panel with a siren outside which I believe is the Odyssey X. I've just been alerted that it's on low battery. I thought it would be a simple job of just replacing the AA batteries inside, but having read the manual it seems not. It seems I have to;

Activate the strobe, and disable it 3 times in a row within 30 seconds
Then I should be good to climb up, unscrew at the bottom and open up

After this, do I need to unplug the battery compartment then change the batteries, or am I fine to just start replacing the individual batteries whilst it's still on the wall and not touching anything else?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would unplug it, remove the old batteries, then put in the new ones 8 x lithium AA 1.5V.

Then re plug the battery compartment back in.

I would unplug it, remove the old batteries, then put in the new ones 8 x lithium AA 1.5V.

Then re plug the battery compartment back in.

Cool, just wanted to make sure completely removing the power wouldn't remove the sync to the alarm system, but I'll do that
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back