Texecom Connect SmartPlug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm making progress, now onto the toys....

I can't get the app to recognise the smartplugs.

General Settings > Connect > + > OK > Learn mode > switch device on > name device > assign room.....

As soon as I assign a room the application crashes (closes). When I go back into the app there is nothing in the devices menu but when I look on my panel a Ricochet device has been added.

I've tried deleting and relearning but I get the same behaviour. Interestingly I triggered the fire alarm earlier whilst rewarding my lack of progress with a bacon sarnie and both of the telecom smart plugs switched on in alarm mode..... I have no recipes set up so where are these default settings to be found? I've got latest firmware, Ricochet, Wintex and App versions. Thanks/

Sponsored Links
Bug ridden pile of c---
And I used to be a premier fan....with rubbish switchmode PSUs....

At the moment the smartplug does seem to be a fail although interesting people are managing to use it. I have to say I'm very impressed with Connect so far, my family have started to use the alarm system.... All of my problems have been my own doing... which is often the case when a diyer is getting back up to speed with something they fitted and forgot a few years ago :)

Sponsored Links
OK, the solution was to go through the motions above, re-open the app and Sync the app back to the panel in general settings. Everything then appears. All appears to be working well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back