Texecom Elite 48 - Output not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I got around to installing the alarm to our house, I've got it working for the most part however i'm either doing something wrong with the custom outputs or there is something wrong with the panel.

I'm basically trying to use a control timer to control OP1. I'm getting a constant - 13v on OP1, nothing i do changing the output settings seems to change this.

Am I doing something really obvious wrong?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
as for the control timer I cant say if that is set correctly and how your testing it.
control timers need at least 5 minutes.

so if i was to set up the Output on a control timer AT 10:00AM I would want it to activate 10:05 not 10:01.
You may find the digi outputs easier to use if they area available than using the panel outputs.
Fair sure the panel outputs need a resistor to bring done to 0V on trigger, but would still expect to see some difference in meter readings if the out put had triggered.

You cant test the outputs by changing the control timer setting. The output only changes state when the time ticks past the control timer setting.

You can test it, to check you have programmed it in principal correctly.

Staying up for a timer that is on 1am and off at 5am you just are not going to wait around for.

but say 10pm and 10:05pm wouldnt be so hard given its 9:15 pm now.

Then its a case of setting the times to those you actually want.
End of the day the condition is time and day on and time and day off.

You can invert outputs to manually trigger the output from one state to the next.

Inverting an output and putting it back will at least tell that output should have changed state, it will also then tell you if what ever your are triggering has seen the change or not by your observations.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for the replies.

I've played around changing the control timer settings but no luck on either OP1 or OP2, Inverting the output does nothing either - Still a constant -13v.

I've tested with the multimeter on the digi output and these seem to be working as expected.

My end goal is to have a control timer automatically part arm my alarm at night and disarm it in the morning - I'm trying to do this with the output and a latch key on an empty zone.

Cheers

The panel outputs need a resistor to pull it down, easier to use digi outputs.

believe this has been mentioned on here before.

if you have smart com you can program a recipe to do this, no outputs, no zones required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back