Texecom elite 48 smartcom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at moving house, how do i register app with new owner? what else do I need to do to hand over to new owner?

Sponsored Links
Depends on how it’s registered.

1. The smart will need to plugged in to or connected to the new owners Wi-Fi.

Unless 4G then there’s the subscription to sort out.

2. If the smart com is registered via an installer the new owners should make the changes in the cloud.

If you have registered it, it’s a little more complicated.

In that you can deregister it from your login, change your loving for their login.
Or you you manage it for them and put in there email addresses as users and delete the other users

Or you can delete the site off and get them to sort it out with an installer or by themselves.

Given that the cloud login asks for company number and vat number they may find this difficult.

Although the sole trader that contacted me yesterday confirmed you can put something in those boxes to proceed.

It can get messy.

I assume the alarm I can just hand over my code and engineer code then new owner can get changed, but with the app can I just disconnect the smartcom from the system, then if new owner wants it they can set it up?

unfortunately not that simple.

The way it works now, is the panel is assigned to a cloud account.
The new owner of the house cant setup the app as they need access to that cloud account.
If you remove the panel from the cloud account, the new owner will then have to create a cloud account and then set it up or get an installer to do so.

If the panel is still assigned to a cloud account, the new owner may struggle to get it released.

Sponsored Links
If the panel was upgraded from V1 to V2 then there may not be a cloud account assigned to that panel that requires it releasing first (delete site in the cloud for that panel), like I say gets a little messy depending on what was done when.

The smart com is not assigned to the cloud account the panel is.

So what is best way to proceed, can I not just put it back to a dumb alarm not connected to internet?

This is my system

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-07-05 at 12.52.10.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-07-05 at 12.52.10.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 33
Okay with that panel version number and smart com version it isn't on the cloud and guessing you are on version 1 of the app, which is no longer available?

contact Texecom and get them to advise on best way forward.

I cant see if its assigned to an account or not (I suspect not), unless I try and add it to my account.

There has been lots of changes recently and not 100% confident on a definitive answer as i dont know enough on your system and it would take time to establish where things are at.

I would recommend getting panel firmware and smartcom firmware up to date, panel firmware would have to be done manually.

If your able to generate an app code Then someone can check easily and advise on best way forward.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back