Texecom Elite 64w - Wireless Sounder Heat Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DIY'er here - although lots of experience with Galaxy alarms. Installed a Texecom Elite 64w a couple of years ago with all wireless devices (apart from the keypad which is wired). Everything working great and I am actually registered through Texecom as an installer (through my business), so I could get the SmartCom working properly.

I am having an issue with the rear wireless bell on the property - It's going into tamper or advising low battery. It will only due this during extreme heat (it a south facing garden so gets direct sunlight in the afternoon).

Due to the current high temps in the country its causing the fault. We had issues last year in the 40*C heat - it would lose comms to the panel for several hours until it cooled down outside.

It's causing a bit of grief as the tamper sets off the whole alarm. I get notified on my app so I can disarm, but it continues with the internal siren until I get home. I am probably going to look at replacing both bells with wired bells soon, but until that I think its best I take the bell off the system somehow? I don't have any stepladders to get to it at the moment.

What are my options - If I unlearn it (can someone advise how to do that?) and it went into its weird issue (tamper or ballery low condition due to heat) then would it still sound if it's no longer "joined" to the panel? If it did go into tamper/other issue when its not paired with the panel would it sound the siren? If so then of course can't shut it up due to it no longer being joined to the panel. I know the best way is to get up there, disconnect the battery and unlearn it - but looking for a quick fix.

To unlearn, is it best done on the panel or via Wintex? I did the original learning on the panel, but the remainder config I did through Wintex (connected through the SmartCom).

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Quick update - referenced manual on how to remove the sounder zone so that's now done. It was going into tamper and losing comms at the time, too. Fortunately the bell hasn't gone off, but will keep an eye on it. Just need to find a local installer to help install the cabling now for the wired bells - as that's beyond my abilities. But appreciate it if anyone can comment on if it may still sound in the event of a fault/issue now its unlearnt. Of course can't manage/control this bell anymore without getting up the ladders and putting it into learning mode again.

tamper is likely that the tampers haven’t been adjusted properly or at all.

Many bell boxes that are not fitted well or had there tampers adjust case tamper faults in warm weather from expanding and contracting.

The low battery in the heat has been reported and don’t know what the trigger point is.

The difference is the hard wired bell has a battery backup rather than a battery to run off normally and the batteries are different chemistries and the panel charges the battery back up.

Unless it’s a grade 3 hardwired bell box faults like the battery won’t be monitored, the tamper would be regardless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back