Texecom Connect App does not Disarm internal sounders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Texecom Elite 64W with a Smartcom, I have internal sounders connected to the panel outputs. When the alarm is triggered and I attempt to disarm from the Connect App the external bell will stop but the internal sounders do not. The app says the system is "Disarmed" but the panel outputs are still active! If I then physically enter my code on the panel keypad then the internal sounders will then stop.

Anyone have any ideas why Disarming from the App doesn't stop the internal sounders?

Here is a screenshot of the event log. I disarmed from the App at 12:21:45, the external Bell stopped, but the internal sounders did not, until I entered the Master code on the panel at 12:22:03.

upload_2021-4-5_12-38-23.png

Sponsored Links
you say the panel outputs are still active what are they programmed as??

what internal sounders are you using?
how are they powered/ wired?

The internal sounders are Kinetic Soundbombs, hard wired, each on the panel output pins.
The outputs are configured as Group Type 'Area' and output function 'Alarm', below is a screenshot.
The sounders will trigger when the alarm triggers and stop when I disarm from the keypad, but not from the app.

upload_2021-4-5_13-21-37.png

Area A:
upload_2021-4-5_13-26-21.png

And here is the PIR Zone which triggered the alarm:
upload_2021-4-5_13-27-11.png

I am logged into the App as the Master User:
upload_2021-4-5_13-28-27.png

What have I missed?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I don't see that in the menu. Is it a different Group Type ? Can you point me towards the right menu option please?

area 28, 29, 30 are strobe, sab or scb but not necessarily n that order.

sounds like from the keypad the alarm condition is being reset, from the app it isnt, so you you could try unset button again or creating a reset button or program to sab

I was testing it by arming from the app and then triggering one of the internal PIR's. No opening doors.
Anyway, thank you @secureiam I have changed the panel output type to "Bell SAB". I have not tested it yet, as the wife would not be happy with the alarm going off at late hours, however, your explanation makes a lot of sense. The Texecom manual is very subtle in the explanation of the output types, and there are ~70 to choose from.
I will test this during the daytime and fingers crossed Bell SAB has solved it. Will post my results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back