Texecom Elite Odyssey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning DIYers!

My alarm system is about 18 months old, fitted by a professional installer (brother of my electrician friend). He is super busy all the time that I am at the point wondering if I can solve this myself.

System is set up on the iOS app, although only for me not by partner. I think he said there was a reason... can't recall what it was. We have the Odyssey box, a seismic on the garage door, some heat based one I think in the garage (currently blocked by a stack of boxes), one in the kitchen and one in lounge (PIR looking thing, sorry I am not an expert as you can tell).

1) Says I need a new battery on the garage door, assume with the alarm disabled at the panel I can look at however it comes off and get / fit a battery?
2) Seen folk on eBay selling tags. We have a tag icon. Can I buy a tag / tags for myself and family? Are they easy to add?
3) My neighbours strobes at night... ours never strobes (actually it might when the alarm goes off, never looked). Is strobing a setting? I do have the user manual somewhere
4) We got a dog after the alarm had been fitted, can we zone out the kitchen at night / when we leave her in there?

Sorry there is a lot here. I have tried to answer some of them myself, although Texecom groups don't seem to let users in, just installers

If can help - AMAZING... if not and it's not allowed... please just delete. THANK YOU

Sponsored Links
Firstly don’t know what The system is or which app you are using, guessing it’s Texecom Premier Elite with Texecom Connect.

The hard wired Texecom odyssey can be put on any panel pretty much.

Cant comment on your neighbours alarm box, other than normally bell boxes don’t flash unless activated but some do set them up to flash for certain conditions.

most alarm systems allow zones to be omitted, how this is achieved depends on the system and if zones have been programmed to be omittable most are omittable by default the exception is usually the entry zone.

tags you need to make sure is compatible with your system, depending on which paneland variant it may affect the way the system behaves after adding a fob. The premier elite panels on adding a prox tag changes the behaviour of the code on entry.

most of those giving sound advice on here aren’t diyers

Make sure your mates brother gives you the engineers code as this will make life easier if you or someone takes over the panel.

secureiam,

Firstly a huge thank you for the reply and secondly an apology. I had not realised the relevance of the 'not' part following the DIY name. Truly meant no offence. I typed in for help with my issue and stumbled across this forum. I should have realised as most of the other threads went way over my head. Anyways... I am sorry for any potential disrespect.

The system is a Texecom Premier Elite and the app I have is the Connect app. I think the box was called Odyssey as an electrician working on the street gave me a sticker for it as he had bought some for a job and had spares.

My neighbour's box (if that is the right name) is the same one. It strobes day and night and is illuminated, mine however is not ever illuminated. The question came from me thinking that a strobing box may deter thieves.

The zoning I am assuming may be possible as it says 'zone 4' has the battery fault, and you are right the tags I saw on eBay were proxy tags. I assumed as I have the logo on my control panel that I could fix it.

I had that to ask the installer for the engineers code as I assumed I may need it, however to my first point he is quite tricky to get hold of.

Anyways secureiam, apologies if any offence caused. I will just read the manuals I can find online and see if I can work it all out.

Thanks again for the reply

no offence taken, and many on here do diy things and are of varying ability.

1. put panel in engineering mode, swap battery, log out of engineering.
2. zone 4 is unlikely if its a premier elite unless its a very early version 1, or Premier where you could map wireless devices to a zone numbers below 9, most wireless elites start at zone 9 , menu 4 on keypad should display the panel and version
3. I cant comment on your neighbours system, however the default mode is not to have the strobe permanently flashing, so its either deliberate, or something else. Many talk about strobe but mean the comfort LEDs, comfort LEDs flash alternately

Sponsored Links
Hi secureiam,

Thanks for the understanding. Those notes are really helpful. Will try and get the engineer code. My system is wireless, should have said so maybe it is zone 4. Will have a look.

Let me rephrase that last question... we have no lights at all on our box, armed or not. It's just always an unilluminated box. I am now wondering if it too is wireless (can ask the engineer) as don't recall seeing anything in the loft. Should the box have any comfort LEDs. Is that what you would do? Thanks again! BIG help!

sounds like it is completely wireless bellbox and comfort leds are turned off to save power, but it could also be a dummy, only a few ways to tell, a bell test, or in engineering check that the sounder is assigned to the panel.

Hi - I looked yesterday in the day and noticed that it does have very slow LED movement, alternating left to right so I think you are correct with the wireless bell box. Can't believe you can get so far with my fairly poor descriptions. A huge thank you!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back