Texecom elite premier panel install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am just starting the actual install of my premier elite 24 after having spent a few weeks on here and wiring up keypads and PIRs on the kitchen table.
The panel is going into a cupboard in the utility room and I am struggling with placement and cable runs. All the wiring for sensors was done by the electrician when house was rewired and come out of ceiling through hole at top of wall.
What is best practise for getting cables to the panel? Should I be running then in a conduit or trunking? If so is plastic ok?
Otherwise I am trying to see if I can mount it to the back of the cupboard and run the cables behind the board at the back of the cupboard, but that is more tricky than just removing the back board.

Also the rubber feet on the back of the panel. Are they supposed to be removed on install so it's flush to wall or not. I was planning on using that gap to get the cables in to it, but now wondering if I need to cut a hole in the top and run conduit to there?

I hope the rest of the install is more straightforward, now I have worked out eol wiring.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with the exact panel you have, but running enables in pvc trunking is fine, just try to keep as far away from mains 240v cables as you can ( good practise) cuts down chances of spikes or interference of any kind.

Not sure about the feet thing your talking about

This is the feet. Basically holds the back of the panel 8mm away from the wall.
At the moment it's screwed to the side of the panel whilst I decide on location.
Thankfully got 2 panels wired in and tested nice and easily.

Thanks for the mains cable comment. It's in the same cupboard as the consumer units and was planning it to be only a few inches from 4 x double sockets. I have bought the mains and dc spike suppressors though.

Can you give me a link to the mains and dc spike suppressors?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
:D the spacers are there so you can get the cables behind you will find you can get the trunking behind the panel with the spacers on .

:D the spacers are there so you can get the cables behind you will find you can get the trunking behind the panel with the spacers on .

Thanks. So you run the trunking all the way behind the panel. Sounds more secure that way, I was just planning on putting the trunking to the edge so concerned that the cable would be exposed behind.
Guess by the time someone has found panel, realised where cables are weakest and cut them the alarm should have sounded anyway, and tamper circuits been triggered?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back