Texecom Fire zones - Area A or separate area?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is recommended practice for fire zones?

I've set my Texecom smoke detector zones to a separate area just for smoke detectors. This is because I don't want the external sounders going off if a fire zone is triggered. But I do want internal sounders and keypads to sound on a fire event.

This works fine today. Just wondered if this is the correct way to set it up, or whether the fire zones should be set to the area they are in, eg. Area A for the house?

Also, when I arm the system as I exit the house, the fire area also arms which doesn't really make any sense.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
fire zones are 24 hour zones.

The area doesn't really matter, unless there was a fault and that could prevent you for arming an area.
Just need to make sure that if it is in another area that the system is programmed accordingly to sound as required and silence the alarm/ reset as required.

Ideally should be a separate system domestically single family this would be mains operated with battery back up and maybe a link to a zone on the intruder for messaging and logging the alarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back