Texecom flasher interface worth buying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious is it worth flashing texecom premier elite 24 with latest version, what's the advantages? It's about 8 years old no problems so far. It's fully wired system not richochet at mo.

Sponsored Links
I'm 95% sure it's elite I'll check when I get home, re black box? I'm lost. If it helps it's the poly not metal, re psu it's not external if that's what you mean?

Sponsored Links
I'd look at it in a slightly different way...
Why do you think you need to flash it? Does a new firmware offer any features you want to make use of?

Have a look here if you want to find out more about what the latest firmware offers:
http://www.texe.com/uk/news/

Yes I'm looking at adding wireless devices which I believe will need latest software,cheers

I think you've answered your own question. ;)
You'll need a USB cable as well as the flashing interface.

Just bought the two cables myself. My panel is only 2 years old but looking to update to V4 firmware as mine has been plagued with COM errors. I'll let you know how i get on.

I flashed my panel at the weekend from v2.1 to V4. The actual flash process was relatively easy. Though the steps afterwards caused me a bit of grief for a DIYer. Connection from wintex via my comwifi module is now very hit and miss and i can no longer use the IOS app. I ran out of time, but i think it's down to the new encryption. Texecom do advise to do a factory reset after the upgrade which i didn't do (due to time) so perhaps i'll try this later this evening.

The main reason for me upgrading was for compatibility with the new miniature contact sensors.

Well that's interesting, you would think after the update everything should run more reliably, hopefully after reset it might, but I think texecom need to work harder and provide swifter updates. I'm still considering flashing but no rush at mo.

firstly should follow manufacturers instructions, they are not there for fun.

flashing up and defaulting the panel with wireless will create its own issues, you may find that if you didn't back up the config with radio devices that you have to learn them all back on and re do commissioning mode, always wise to recomission and check devices after a flash upgrade.

my biggest concern is updates of wireless expanders takes please when new devices are added and you may find that if the wireless expanders are not uptodate that new wireless devices don't work so well.

Upgraded mine to v4 as I use the Wintex application via COMIP and wanted to stay current, plus I use the ios app so thought it might iron out some of the COM bugs. It seems more stable now for sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back