Texecom Kit Needed Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently have a very old Texecom Veritas 8 set up and I am looking to upgrade to the Premier Elite but I'm not sure if I need all the same kit.

At the moment we have the panel hidden away and have 2 keypads. One keypad is in the hall that is used for a full set and one keypad is on the upstairs landing used for night time part set. The installer has set it so that we get 30 seconds to leave the house on a full set and an instant arm on the part set. Since we have a PIR also covering hall I presume that is why we have an upstairs keypad otherwide the PIR would cause the part set to go off straight away.

I was wondering if on a new setup I could do away with the landing keypad and have just one keypad in the hall set up so that a part set gives a delay (say 15 seconds) for both arming and disarming so that the hall PIR doesn't set the alarm off before I get upstairs or would I be better just removing the hall PIR and go for an instant part set?

Thanks

Stu

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back