Texecom logging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd appreciate some expert advice on the event log from my Texecom Elite 48

I have several dual mode wireless PIRs, and have just had the second spurious alarm since the new year - a different device each time. They are both in closed rooms with no obvious triggers so I naturally want to find what's going on.

As shown by the log last night, zone 13 alarmed. I was sitting right by the RKP when the alarm sounded and I was able to silence it within 10 seconds.

Am I right in understanding from the log that the PIR triggered twice during this period?

Event Log.jpg

Sponsored Links
you part armed the system and 1hr 3mins 19 seconds first activation second later bell active, 3 seconds after it reset, and reactivated a second later and restored 4 seconds later 2 seconds after that you reset the alarm.

how long these devices been in?

Thanks for the confirmation about the double activation.
The PIRs have been in about two and a half years. They still have the original batteries. I have spare batteries but haven't put them in yet because the Ricochet monitor says they are still OK.

Hi Sally, I would get one out and measure the voltage, think 2.83V was the critical point for a standard QD-W but don't quote me on that, for the sake of a couple of quid might be worth swapping them out if its close and see if it improves. 2.5years isn't bad, the destructions say up to 4 years on the latest manual for them, I haven't known any go 4 years.

Sponsored Links
OK, I'll change the batteries on all the devices.

I'm inclined to set Double Knock on the PIRs until I'm satisfied that they have settled down. Do you think that is worth doing?

Given the closeness of the signals it would have still activated two signals with 7 seconds is the default for double knock, any less and they may never activate.

You can only do this with devices that are always awake (door contacts and shocks), hybrid mode (default value for DT's), automode wouldn't work at all as they sleep for a few minutes after an activation.

OK, I'll leave double knock alone.

Thank you so much for the expert advice. I really do appreciate it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back