Texecom - new battery but still battery fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I've got an Elite 48 panel and PSU200. Replaced both batteries but the battery fault light still appears on in the PSU200 (and battery fault on the keypads), even after a few days.

I checked the voltages - the panel battery shows 13.73V and PSU200 12.86V, both are brand new Yuasa 12V 17ah.

Is the 12.86V voltage too low for a new battery?

Sponsored Links
Actually just swapped them around, let's see what happens over next 24h

Check charhing voltage on battery leads in psu without battery connected shoud definately be more than 12.8

OK cool will check that - thanks.

When disconnected, 12.86V would be considered fine for a new battery right?

Sponsored Links
the battery voltage is ok yeah sounds like it might not be charging

17Ah battery needs to have the 0.75A rather than 0.35A selected.

The PSU can have two batteries attached and the PSU can have it select bat 1, bat2 or both .
The psu would report as 1,x where X is the network expander that’s reporting back.

So I swapped the two batteries around and it's still "1,2" showing as the fault even after 24h+

Charging voltage is fine, both are already set to 0.75A

The mystery continues!

1,2 is the psu200.

Is battery 1 selected and are the battery 1 leads being used.
If that is all correct, then what is details on the PSU switchmode power supply -6 is the latest version and its possible there may be an issue with earlier ones.

Is it the XP200 psi showing the fault .
Power cycle XP 200.power down completely and power back up.

did you reset the original fault and wit 24 hours.

power cycling the psu isnt a bad idea if you havent already done so.

battery off, mains off, battery plugged in, then mains back on

So I tried two things:
PSU200 battery off, mains off, battery on, mains on

PSU200 and panel battery off, mains off, batteries on, mains on

Both ended up with the issue still being there - the red battery fault light appears straight away and the fault cannot be reset from the keypads like Tamper can

upload_2022-3-25_11-1-52.png

I am not sure what you mean by switchmode 6 - where can I check this?

upload_2022-3-25_11-3-23.png

first thing to check is which battery terminals is the 17Ah battery connected to, from the jumper selection it should be battery 1.

There is a white label on the PSU where it steps in.

Post photo of both bar codes on control panel and XP 200 switch mode power supplies.
Could be faulty switch modes as Texecom have had a big problem with the power supplies in the past and will depend on age of psu.
This may not be the issue but you need to check this option.
Have you got a smaller battery to try like a 7.0 ah battery.

Thanks for the help guys. I've double checked and the battery selector is on 1 battery and those are the leads being used too

Unfortunately I don't have a 7ah battery to test with. I've tried both new batteries in the PSU200 though so I would imagine they both can't have issues.

I bought the PSU200 in March 16, barcode is:
upload_2022-3-25_13-42-5.png

The panel was installed in 2013 and is not showing any power faults

could be a psu failure issue.

you can swap the psus around and see if the issue follows the psu location, ie fault is currently 1,2 if they are swapped round the 1,2 will no longer show as fault but battery fault would still show.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back