Texecom odyseey X3 backlight not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just installed a texecom veritas excel system with 2 odyseey x-be external sounders and x3 covers.
All working ok except the backlight on the rear unit not working. I set this unit to LC mode as advised by texecom support, to lessen the current draw on the system with 2 sounders.

Anyone know if setting to LC is the reason the backlight doesn't operate - I.e. To save power draw? If so, should LC be set off and/ or SCB mode selected?

Both units are set to SAB mode and the tamper circuit is wired as per instruction. No other faults with the system so far.

Many thanks for any feedback.

Sponsored Links
Could be faulty bell box ?
Wire rear bell box directly to panel only and see if back light works then one bell box at a time.
Have you change tamper switch wiring as per instructions for multiple units in the instruction manual?
Also change back from low current mode and try

Yes tamper is wired as per instructions. May try wiring one unit at a time, but I'm guessing it's the LC setting, easier to try that first anyway.

If it works, does anyone know if 2 backlit units will pull too much current?

I've noticed as well that there are no fuses fitted on the panel pcb but have a condenser soldered in its place, despite what the install manual shows and the packet of spare fuses!

Thanks

LC makes no difference. The backlight has two fly leads which are wired into the hold off + - terminals. Therefore if you have 12v on the bell itself then the backlight should be on! Check votage at bell on these terminals & make sure you have the polarity correct. You could take a battery up to the bell and connect it directly to the fly leads for the backlight board to test.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for that.... I'll double check connection and check supply voltage, though the sounder and strobe do function correctly on test and the led's are pulsing normally.

In that case it sounds like your power is ok. You're need to check that the fly leads from the LEDs on the front flap are correctly terminated in the hold off pos & neg terminals.

I had this on an install and it was a fault on the backlight. Sent back and replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back