Texecom Odyssey 3 Second Bell Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently fitted a second Odyssey bell box to my Premier Elite alarm system. As I am in quite a remote location I wanted both boxes set to SAB, I wanted them to be as loud as possible and SCB was a lot quieter. So, I wired the boxes as shown in the instuctions (grade 2), but as the output on the control panel is only 500ma (not enough) I have fitted a seperate 12v power supply to the second box. Anyway, it seems to worked absolutely fine, only thing I noticed was the strobe doesn't work on the original box, but it's rather old now so I think it may have failed anyway and I cant remember it working before.
I have made a slight oversight however, which I found out when I turned off the power to fit some new sockets in my kitchen. The bell box with it's own PSU went off and I pretty much realised straight away that it doesn't have a back up battery. So, I have ordered a 2.1 ah back up battery and I am going to fit it between the PSU and the bell box. Just wondering if anyone can think of any issues I might have doing this????

Any help much appreciated.

Andy

Sponsored Links
scb loses about 6db and low current mode about 2db, you will notice SCB, but probably wont notice so much the low current volume

not knowing which premier elite panel you have, you could use the dc connections on the digi communicator and put in an 1A inline fuse then have them on full whack.

the battery is connected to the battery terminals of the psu so it gets recharged, which psu are you using and how you connecting it to the panel?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I wouldn't have enough cores left in the cable to connect to the digi communicator and I don't want to start pulling my house to bits to run more.
Here is a rough image of how I have connected the seperate PSU...........sorry, I'm on works computer which is rubbish so couldn't make it any smaller. My panel is a polymer Premier Elite 24. I am using a din rail mounted PSU with a 240v ac input which I have fed from a fused switch with 1 amp fuse. The output is 12v DC 1 amp. Thanks again

IMG_1604.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks, like I said it has worked fine. The strobe/ bell test from the panel worked as did an alarm itself. I am going to put the battery between the PSU and the 2nd bell box so that if theres a power cut it doesn't go off and annoy the neighbours.

No it just has terminals for 240v AC input and for 12v DC output. I was planning to connect DC output to battery terminals so the PSU will charge the battery and then connect from the battery to the bellbox.

The PSU is something I got from work, an electrician pulled it out of a disused panel. He tested it and said it was fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back