Texecom odyssey X cable entry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just purchased 2 new texecom odyssey X-be units, but I cannot work out how the cable is inserted through to the pcb to connect it!
Obviously, it enters through the back of the moulding through the triangular opening but I cannot see how it then enters through the clear plastic moulding that protects the pcb.

Does the clear plastic section need to be removed? It doesn't look like it should and even if you did, there doesn't appear to be any route or channelling for the cable.

I could drill a hole near the bottom of the white plastic nr the bottom of the pcb but that's a little dodgy and if so why would they provide the triangular hole in the middle?

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious here but if someone's fitted one, please let me know.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Deryck,
accessing the PCB is no problem, its getting the wiring through the clear plastic that's the problem. However, Texecom have advised that the wiring cores have to be passed through the small cuts that are present in the clear plastic PCB cover, so I'll give that a try later today.
This is not mentioned anywhere in the install instructions and it is not obvious at all.

Ah, I see now. I am not familiar with the X-Be, but the Ody series I have used I have placed each core through one of the V-slot in the plastic. The cover then "seals" the wiring when replace. You just need to leave quite a length of each core to get the wiring through the inner cover

Sponsored Links
Hi Deryck

Yes you're correct, I tried Texecom's advice and sure enough on close examination I can see the small cuts in the cover to grip each core - not seen that before.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back