Texecom PE 48 and 2 Wire Smoke Output?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m wiring a Texecom Premier Elite 48 at the moment. I have 10 Texecom Exodus 4W smoke detectors that I am setting up to use the 2-wire Smoke dedicated smoke connection on the panel.

I’ve struggled matching up the instructions supplied with the Smokes with the instructions supplied with the panel. The smoke instructions show:

A&B – Alarm Relay N/C
C – no Connection
D – 0V
E – 12V
F – Latch

The instructions for the 2-wire Smoke on the panel has:

F – 12V from the Panel
E – Linked to the next Smoke detector
D – 0V

My understanding of that is that at the first detector I should have 12V at connector F, which I do. When I go to the second smoke detector I should also have 12V at connector F as it should be looping through to provide power at each detector. I have about 3V.

I’m aware that the wiring method seems vastly different between the two methods above and I’m struggling to see why. The lack of 12V at the second smoke detector suggests I’m doing something wrong, but I’ve no idea what!

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Paul.

Sponsored Links
It can be difficult as you trying to use 4-wire Exodus 4W smoke detectors for 2-wire connections to panel.

You need 4-wire connections. Connect Exodus 4W -s to one of zone terminal in panel using NC contacts on smoke and 12V and 0V for power.

The sensors are compatible with the 2-Wire Smoke Zone on the panel and the instructions show how it should be wired up to this detector, so as far as I can tell this should be a perfectly normal way of wiring the smoke detectors?

I don’t have a spare zone on the panel and the wiring to the smoke detectors has been done in series, based on the wiring diagram in the instructions, so I would prefer to explore the use of the on-board 2-wire smoke zone rather than using a Zone output as a starting point.

My problem is that I’m not sure the wiring diagram is correct because it appears to be very different to the ‘normal’ 4 wire wiring method and I’m not getting 12V at the second detector. Which I think must be wrong?

I’d like to get to the bottom of this if possible before I spend a lot of time wiring the rest of the detectors, only to have to redo them again if the diagram isn’t quite right. I’m going to test the smoke head to see where the 12V comes out to see if that gives me any clues, but if I could draw on someone else’s experience, that would be really useful.

Your confusing Texecom Exodus 2w and Texecom Exodus 4w.

The 2w has terminals F,E,D as you describe, but the 4w are totally diffrent. If you have 4w sensors you'll need to wire them up in series to a spare zone and have them latch on activation to find which sensor activated.

Either that or replace them with their 2w variant.

Sponsored Links
Hello thanks, looks like you're right, that's consistent with what's in the instructions. I don't think the 2 wire ones can be bought anymore, so I've bought an expander to add more zones and will move the door contacts onto that when it arrives.

A quick overview of how to write these in series would be really useful?

Thanks again.

The two wire versions were sold as a head unit and a base seperately.

Don't think they do the 2W anymore

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back