Honywell GD 48 with smoke detectors

dya

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hallo
I have a problem with a Honywell GD 48, and I m not sure if the connections for a 4 wire smoke detector are the right ones.
I read on the internet that 2 wire smoke detectors are not compatibile with this panel.
So I whant to wire 4 smoke detectors like this: The + and - from detectors to an output on the panel that will be declared as SWITCH DC output, and the other 2 wires on a zone that will be declared as FIRE zone. This zone will be a EOL 1K zone (opotion 2). I must wire the detectors in parallel and NO.
Please tell me if I m wrong?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Normally closed

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    572.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Thanks
Reactions: dya
Ok
Thank you
So I was not very far from the correct connecrtions.:D

Wouldn't wiring in parallel be a bad idea. i.e. 4 detectors wired in parallel on a single zone and you wont know which detector has activated and therefore where the fire is. Not to mention and faults on a single detector etc... If you have the room wire each detector on its own dedicated zone and if not then think about adding a RIO for this.

FYI I have the M12 smoke detectors wired up to my GD96

Sponsored Links
You are right, it is more helpful if you have each detector on a single zone.
For me its very simple to connect the 4 det. on a single zone because the 4 det. are going to be mounted in one room divided in two by a courtain.

PS: When you have a dedicated conventional fire control panel with 2 or 4 lines, and you have 32 det. on each line and a det. runs into alarm, your panel will notify you that a line is in alarm, but will not tell you wich detector is in alarm.

PS: When you have a dedicated conventional fire control panel with 2 or 4 lines, and you have 32 det. on each line and a det. runs into alarm, your panel will notify you that a line is in alarm, but will not tell you wich detector is in alarm.

By 2 or 4 lines do you mean loops? My experience of traditional dedicated fire alarms is that all detectors on the loop are addressable and the panel WILL report on which zones/detector has been triggered. Thus the reason why most commercial properties have the fire alarm next to the main entrance for fire brigade/key users to see where the fire is located.

I hope that I don”t make a confusion
There are CONVENTINAL fire control panels and ADRESSABLE fire control panel
The adressable control panels are haveing loops, on the loops the detectors are adressable so when the panel goes into alarm we can precisely know wich detector initate the alarm
The conventional control panel are haveing lines. Each line is terminated with an EOL resistor mounted in the last detector. In this case you only know the line wich is in alarm not the detector.

BENTEL J-408-4 is a conventional fire control panel
UNIPOS IFS7002-4 is a adressable fire control panel.

Sorry the upper case It is a copy / paste.

You learn something everyday :) I haven't experienced any conventional panels in that case. I'm guessing they are for very small properties with minimal rooms/zones?

your guess is perfectly right.

Sorry to everyone if my english is not very good.

Hallo again
Back to first question
So my zone will be a fire zone, and the output to power the smoke detector will be......? knowing that after a fire alarm the detector needs to be reset (power down for a few seconds).
I tryed with SWITC DC and FIRE outputs, it works both. The switch dc was linked (software not physicaly) to the fire zone.
It is ok?

I thought the M12 do not need to be powered down if you don't set them to latch. Use AUX power to power them like any other sensor/detector.

I use appolo smoke detectors with orbis-rb-10004 apo base. The base contains a relay NO/NC. After a fire alarm the detector must be powered down to become functional again.
I dont think I realy understood ”if you don't set them to latch”. If I set an output to latch, it means that it remains active until I enter a valid cod.
I set the zone to fire, so is most like a 24 hours zone, it will trigger an alarm even the system is unset. Once in alarm the zone become opened. To close the zone the detector needs to be powered down. I tested the smoke detector with a 12V battery a multimeter and a cigarette :D to run the detector in alarm.

Ah ok, I was basing my info on the second post image that shows the Cooper Menvier M12, I'm not versed in the appolo 12v range. So ignore my comment about the latching :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back