Exodus OH4W Smoke detectors & EOL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me if 2 of these can be wired together eol? I know I should wire them on different zones but I only have one wired zone free and would rather have both in operation. one is downstairs and the other on the upstairs landing.p

I put the resistors in the furthest away detector but it goes into alarm when I power up. Maybe it doesn't work with smoke detectors?

Thanks
John

EDIT .... Sorry guys, it's sorted.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

This detector is usually used as a 12V device and as such should be wired eol according to the panel in use, so the first question is 'what panel' ? and do you have the correct resistors... obvious guestions but it may help since they can be used with bona fide fire panels also.

wire as follows wire to first smoke , put 4.7k across alarm contacts then wire to next detector with a 4.7k across the secound detector and the 2.2k on the return leg of the smoke back to panel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys but I got it working soon after posting and placed an edit at the foot of the message soon after to say so.

You know what sparky, I clean forgot about the 2 zones on the keypad :oops: Thanks for reminding me.

They were wired back to the last panel so I did the same with the elite 48-w and wired them to the panel again. However I think I will connect the upstairs smoke sensor to one of the zones on the keypad which will be very simple because I have the keypad mounted upstairs so need to run only a few meters of cable back to the sensor.

On another note....is it normal for wireless Pirs to need re-learning after the panel has lost power? If left will they regain the link again after a period of time? Door contacts seem to be fine just the Pirs.

Thanks
John

should be back on after polling ( 15 mins) or every minute if you take off the link, think everbody forgets about the keypad zones and you can 4 wire them without any resistors ( no tampers on smokes anyway)

If I remember right the detectors shut themselves down if they can't talk to the panel (i.e its powered down for a while) and can take a couple of hours to come back online once the panel is powered back up.

Least that was correct for the original ricochet stuff, not sure about the new stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back