Texecom PIR led constantly on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My alarm has been working fine, but today it won't set. One of my zones was active so the alarm did not set. The led light on the offending PIR is constantly on and the alarm will not set. Nothing has changed so am presuming it is the PIR. I am omitting that zone in the mean time, but not an ideal situation. I've put the system in engineer mode and checked the wires and tamper switch in the PIR, but no joy. I also disconnected the power cables to see if that would work, but no joy.

Does anybody have any advice of anything to try? I have called the engineer who installed, but will get charged a call out fee, so would like to try and resolve myself. If the item is faulty i can send it back as it is only a few months old.

Thanks in advance

Neil

Sponsored Links
The relay has jammed and the unit needs replacing.

You can sometimes free them by clonking them with a screwdriver handle but they always jam again.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks. Was then about to try a bsk!

Seemed to. Have worked temporarily. Will order a new one and send back the faulty one.

Thanks again

Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back