Texecom Elite 24 - PIR tampering reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cannot set alarm as it says landing PIR tamper.
This happened after I had to open and move it away for painting.
I put it in Engineer mode before moving this PIR, but now when setting alarm on there is a bip then I get mssg Landing PIR tamper and after that Contact Alarm Co.

Hoping it can be re-set easily and I can avoid call out charged from the alarm guys

thanks

Sponsored Links
Also wondering this never happened before when we moved other sensors, maybe PIR or wire got damaged/broken when I moved it and has to be replaced?

What detector is it ? And has the spring if fitted come off , a picture of the detector may help

Hi thanks for quick response.

It's Texecom Premier Elite with three leds, like this one but appears there different models looking all the same on the outside so will have to open it and take a picture.

However I recall that spring didn't come off as it did on the the others.

Premier Elite DT copy.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hold the bottom of the spring down then gently stretch the spring a little, then put the lid back, reset and see what happens

Failing a lot of messing about you could put a link of the alarm wire in the two terminals marked Tamper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back