Texecom Premier 24 / 48 control panel questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am about to purchase a WIRED alarm system for our house.
After spending a couple of weeks of reading through this forum, I've decided to go for a system using a Texecom premier control panel as nobody seems to have a bad word to say about them.

Question 1,

I can't decide on whether to go for a premier 24 or premier 48 control panel. According to their comparison table
http://www.texe.com/view.php?page=34&view=features
the premier 48 alarm panel allows double and single pole wiring whereas the premier 24 only allows for single pole wiring. What exactly is double pole wiring?

Question 2,

We quite like the ideal of a flush fitting keypad. How deep are the backboxes for the Texecom premier flush fitting keypads?

Question 3,

I am hoping to put the control panel up in the loft. There is ring main power up there already, so spurring off to an unswitched 3 amp FCU won't be any problem at all. However, is putting an alarm control panel in the loft safe (from a nobody gets hurt point of view, not from a robbery point of view)? Ie are there any fire/building regulations about putting an alarm panel in the loft? I would add here that our house has just had a full part P (17th edition) re-wire, so there are RCDs on the consumer unit etc, just in case this has any influence on answering this question.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It is not adviseable to place the panel in a loft due to the extremes of temperature on both the panels PCB and the battery.

I am not sure what depth the flush keypad back box is - I do not think it is a standard electrical back box.

EOL (single pole) wiring is more secure than traditional double pole wiring. It involves using resistors at the end of the circuits to allow the panel to differentiate between ALARM, HEALTHY, TAMPER and SHORT. Many modern detectors have links or DIP switches to provide these resistances for you.

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0063.jpg

The flush mounting box is 35mm deep

Whilst the prem 24 panel will not support DP wiring, it does support EOL wiring, so all it really means is you need to connect a couple of resistors across each detector.

This is just for better circuit monitoring by the panel, and easier fault diagnosis for you.

The resistors are supplied with the panel / zone expanders.

I'd second the idea of not putting the panel in the loft due to the extremes of temperature you're likely to experience up there.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Chopping into the plaster/bricks for one 35mm deep backbox should be okay using the old SDS drill and a chisel.

For peace of mind, it looks like I should really try and find a more suitable location inside the house for the alarm panel though.

At the end of the day, I think I'm going to opt for the premier 48 panel, it's only 20 quid more expensive than the premier 24 panel, it's got the double&single pole wiring and it's guaranteed to come in a metal case (some premier 24 panels are sold in a plastic case).

Would it be possible for one of you (or someone else) to email me a PDF copy of the engineers manual for the texecom premier 48? It would be nice to have a read through it before I order my kit.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Morning chaps,

Could I quickly jump on here and second that request for the pdf's?.. After much "discussions" with 'er indoors and a few incidences where the BT badged Visonic (Stop laughing!!) wouldn't disarm/arm due to sensors going out of comms range (Please stop laughing!) I've decided to take the plunge and get ordering the Prem 48 and Prestige sensors (believe you've mentioned them before RF as being damn good..)

Under the stairs seems a good place to 'hide' the panel. Thankfully I'm fortunate to have a reasonably large cubby hole which currently just has piles of network cables waiting to be attached to a patch panel (the floors were up.. It seemed like a good plan at the time *ahem* plus wifi is too slow for *cough* HD video :) )

One quick question... For adding mag sensors to upvc, is the only option to surface mount them? I personally don't mind seeing some cable showing but I can just imagine what my beloved will say..

Davey, if you don't mind me asking. Where did you find the 48 for £20 more? When I was looking to do this a few months back (before another project got rushed ahead) I was seeing a much bigger gap in the prices.

Cheers

Morning chaps,

Could I quickly jump on here and second that request for the pdf's?.. After much "discussions" with 'er indoors and a few incidences where the BT badged Visonic (Stop laughing!!) wouldn't disarm/arm due to sensors going out of comms range (Please stop laughing!) I've decided to take the plunge and get ordering the Prem 48 and Prestige sensors (believe you've mentioned them before RF as being damn good..)

Under the stairs seems a good place to 'hide' the panel. Thankfully I'm fortunate to have a reasonably large cubby hole which currently just has piles of network cables waiting to be attached to a patch panel (the floors were up.. It seemed like a good plan at the time *ahem* plus wifi is too slow for *cough* HD video :) )

One quick question... For adding mag sensors to upvc, is the only option to surface mount them? I personally don't mind seeing some cable showing but I can just imagine what my beloved will say..

Davey, if you don't mind me asking. Where did you find the 48 for £20 more? When I was looking to do this a few months back (before another project got rushed ahead) I was seeing a much bigger gap in the prices.

Cheers

Mr unseen, you need to add your e-mail address to your profile before I can e-mail you ;) :LOL:

Surface mounted contacts are the only real option with UPVC doors.

TBH, they don't look too bad really.

Oh and yes I do rate texecom panels very highly.

I've got one on my house, so they can't be that bad :LOL:

There is plenty of space for the contact and magnet between most upvc frames and doors.If space is tight , remove the mag from its holder.Experiment with blue tac.
[/img]

Hi All,
I am new to all this forum stuff!

like DaveyH it would be great to eyeball the installation manual before i go ahead and get the kit.( not sure if i can install it???)
Can anybody help please?
Chrishat34

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back