Texecom Premier 24, EOL and ComIP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm planning a Texecom premier install at my house and i'm in the process of doing various levels of design work to help in my planning.

In doing so i have come across 3 questions:

1) Im planning to wire up the IR sensors using EOL, but the Panic button and all magnetic contacts will be DP - I have read that it is possible to do this by programming the Premier 24 using the Keypad.
Can anyone see a problem in doing this?

2) I've been looking at the COMIP module and i want to know, what are the functions and benefits of it. i know it can be used to setup the system but is there anything else it does? I.e does it have a built in Webserver i can log into remotely (that would be cool )? does it come with a user manual that shows what all the options are for?

3) out of all the connectors on the Premier 24, which ones need to be 'bridged' if they are not in use?

thanking you all in advance

Sups

Sponsored Links
door contacts 3 options fit resistors, run to keypad ( two spare zones with full connections 4 wire)or program zone for normally closed and use global tamper
comm ip for connection via broadband ( faster than dial up )
unused zones just program as not used

Texecom have a set of web applets which will allow you to look at zone status, the log, arm/disarm etc... and you can y=use the Wintex software remotely to do anything with the panel over IP, you need to speak to Tech Support to get the applets, if you are any good with Java (I am not) you can write your own.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys,

@sparkymarky, thanks for the options.. i'll go with the DP option as i understand that the best!

@ Maxsys, would the applet run on the COM-IP module, or a PC/Laptop attached to the network? (i hoping its the module)

@Jibbeh.. really? i was underthe impression that he module was compatible with the whole Premier range :rolleyes: if thats the case i might go with the 48.

I believe they run on the Module, not sure about it not working on the 24 though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back