1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Texecom Premier 24 - exdous 0h/4 smoke alarm

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by gotti, 26 Oct 2013.

1. gotti

gotti

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've attached a smoke alarm to my texecom premier 24 but wanted to configure a latched output onto the panel as digi output 1.

I've configured the smoke alarm as a fire zone and normally closed. II'm able to successfully trigger the fire alarm but unable to reset the smoke alarm using the latched output though I've set the output to latched (also confirmed this using a meter).

I'm obviously missing something but not sure what, any advice?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is it on its own zone ? If so no need to use it as a latched device as there are no other devices on the same zone...

4. gotti

gotti

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Sparky

Yes, it's on it's own zone but wanted to use the latched input to the smoke alarm so as I disable the alarm the smoke alarm LED switches off too.

On the texecom vertias system there was s SW+ output which could be programmed for this and I'm guessing the digi outputs can also be programmed or maybe the output panel 1 output.

5. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    To be honest your making more work for yourself, I wouldn't bother and I've got two on my alarm there's no need, if it is activated I know because it tells me on the keypad and via text, the only time I would use latching if I had more than one device on a zone.

6. gotti

gotti

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ok, cool sorted.. I'll leave that idea alone unless once triggered the smoke detector LED doesn't reset (hopefully it does).

Thanks sparky!

7. Jibbeh

Jibbeh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I just unclick mine from the base and click them back in again. No messing if its easy to reach.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. gotti

gotti

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just checked the LED switches off after a delay :)

9. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

10. Sponsored Links