Texecom Premier 24 - Existing PIR - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I need help, some would say in many areas but today it is just with the premier 24.

3 days ago our house alarm decided to throw it dummy out of the pram and start smoking.

I was advised to purchase a Texecom Premier 24 and told I would easily be able to use my existing PIR's (of which I have:cool:.

It took me a couple of hours to hunt down the installation manual (it did not come with the kit) and I have to say I am none the wiser.

The existing PIR's have 6 wires

Green & White = Tamper
Yellow & Blue = Alarm
Red & Black = 12v

Uploaded a picture into my album for reference

Question is, how do I connect these the the premier 24 so they will work?

If someone could please help I would be very grateful.

Cheers

JC

Sponsored Links
You dont get a manual as its 'supposed' to be a professional panel.....

Reds and black all spin up into the AUX 12v/0v

Then connect the yellow and blue in the 2 'A' terminals of the zone, and green and white from each PIR in the 2 'T' terminal of that zone. Each PIR needs to go in its own zone. Dont worry about the resistors, its a better method, but not necessary for you.

Done.

If your struggling on that, you're going to have a nightmare

Good luck

;)

Many thanks for the quick response.

Looking at the panel I have two connectors in each zone and then just one pair of connectors labelled aux tamp for the whole panel.

I am assuming that the two connectors in each zone are the alarm pair and that all of the aux alarm wires will need to be put into the single pair labelled aux tamp?

The aux tamp has a hard wire jumper in it at the moment.

I have the bell, strobe, keypad and indoor speaker all working fine and pass the tests as described in the manual.

Sorry for being a little slow on the up take.

No you assume wrong, all the tampers would (or should ;)) have been serise up into one loop on your old alarm, then wired into the aux tamp.

With the 24 you can have each tamper connected to its zone. With connecting up each PIR to its own zone tampers, its easier to fault find on, and will show where the fault is rather than a tamper fault on one of the 6 PIR's for instance.................

So connect each tamper into its corresponding zone in the panel and leave the link in the AUX tamp terminals.

:)

Look at Double pole wiring on page 21, the 'A', is your alarm pair, and the 'T' the tamper pair.

Sponsored Links
Wire the tamper Like this

Twist all the positive power cables from the detectors together and place in the + Aux terminal Same for the negative just put it in the neg terminal :)

No worries, it is exactly how my old unit is setup.

Guys I cannot thank you enough for the advice.

However I do reserve the right to come back and ask more novice questions!

Cheer JC

OK, the manual I have has the double polling on page 17, it has as follows:

I have stuck a pic in double pole.

Now I know your patience is probably wearing very thin but now. The double pole eludes to having 4 connectors per zone 2xA and 2xT.

When I look at the panel it has 2 connectors per zone, not 4.

Sorry guys[/b]

So wire the zones in there and do the GLOBAL tamper as shown above.

From each cable to pir

Wire INTO your panel like this,

texecut.png

its a premier 24 it does not have separate tampers per zone... eol only or global tamper or mixture of both ...

Ah well there you go then. Our staple panel is now Galaxy, was older TS m
Menvier gear. We only fit texe for K+ replacement with the iD expanders, and thats usually the 48

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back