Texecom Premier 24 without engineer's code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently bought a house with a Texecom Premier 24 and am looking to install a COM IP (it's about 5 years old with 8.00 firmware).

Trouble is, I don't have the engineer's code and the user code I have isn't the master user. I might have to replace the panel with a new Premier Elite 24 anyway but the immediate problem is how to open the existing panel without setting the tamper alarm off.

Once I have the panel open I plan to try resetting it and then I'll order a new one if that proves impossible.

Any tips would be appreciated. Also -- could anyone confirm that the keypads from the Premier 24 will work OK with a new Premier Elite 24?

Thanks for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Yes keypads work you will have to default panel , power up with default link shorted . BUT if it's eng locked it won't work defaults 1234 and 5678 master ok

Comip's not compatible with your 24 though, you will need to upgrade to new Elite.

Jibbeh is correct in that technically the com-ip does not work on the pre elite 24's

although I have never tried it I have had rumors that it is possible to get the com-ip module to work on the pre elite 24's.

What are you wanting the com-ip module for.

To be honest i would upgrade the panel, do you have any wireless kit on there?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. I read somewhere that COMIP can be made to work with the old panel if you upgrade the firmware, but there was some reason why upgrading wasn't guaranteed to work. It seems like a new panel is a relatively low cost compared to the COMIP, so worth doing anyway.

Initially I just want to get the alarm onto the local LAN so I can use the Texecom iPhone app when on the local network. There's no wireless kit on there. It does have Redcare but I'm not sure it's worth paying for if I'm going to have notifications direct to my phone in the future (I know COMIP doesn't do that out of the box yet).

The app wont work on the old 24's as is at present as the way the app works it wont be able to talk to the panel.

The pre elite panels require version 10.0 software for the smart key app to work properly, however the keypad app should work with a tweak on the com-ip settings if you are having disconnection issues.

The com-ip can be set up on the panels to give notifications by email using montex and texbase, but you need a pc permanently on for that to work.

Other than that a gsm module can send you text alerts and you can remote control the panel with gsm commands.

Thanks, sounds like a new panel with both com-ip and a GSM module is the way forward.

Visit Texecom website for information leaflets on the equipment

Any questions pm or call me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back