Texecom Premier 48 Outputs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just in the process of installing a Premier 48 Alarm System which I want to run 2 Master Blaster Sirens off which will run from the External sounder connection. But I also have an automatic rising bollard installed which I also want to trigger when the alarm goes off, but I have three smoke detectors which when activated I want to sound the external sirens but not the Bollard... Anyone have a similar sytem or an answer I would be most grateful?

Many Thanks In Advance

Sponsored Links
Try page 60 of the book of words.

Cause and effect springs to mind and what you ask is easily done.

Thanks for the very fast respone. Which output would you use on the control panel for the bollard as it needs a +12v to operate and the two sirens are already using the bell output?

Use whatever output you want and programe as needed for polarity.Output type would be intruder as that would not activate if a fire was indicated.

Sponsored Links
Prem 48's have 2 programmable outputs which can be used, theyre on the right hand side of the circuit board. I believe they are 500mA outputs and are -ve triggers as standard but can be reversed. If you programmed either of these for being 'Area type' and '00 - Alarm' they would raise when there was an intruder, lower when the system was reset but wouldn't be activated by the smoke sensors.

Not to be rude, but i'd check your bollards definately need 12v triggers and not a normally open or closed type switch ?

Thanks for all the help. I will check the bollard which is a bft stoppy L tommorow. Hoping even if it does use a normally closed or open switch it wont be a problem?

Typical Master blaster trigger current is around 30mA, Digicom putputs are rated at 100mA. If you wanted to for 'neatness' you could use the digicom outputs to trigger the master blasters and program them as 'area type' (area A I'd presume) and '28 - Bell SAB'.

No real advantages, just helps keeps things seperated.

The bollard is a voltage free changeover, so you could just use the relay on the Premier, again to areas and intruder/alarm.

Is it this one:

http://www.bft.co.uk/jsp/en/scheda/rising-bollards-stoppy_-_id_73.jsp

stoppy.jpg

^^ Not sure what you have, but thats from the control instructions on that page above, seems all control inputs are either Normally OPEN or Normally CLOSED switches.

Typical bollard/gate/barrier controller.
All generally NC or NO voltage free contacts.

The bollard is a voltage free changeover, so you could just use the relay on the Premier, again to areas and intruder/alarm.

48's dont have panel outputs 3,4 and 5 (the relay output), they only come in from premier 88 onwards.

Really going to have to wear these glasses rather than use them as an ornament.

So it is a 48.

Thanks

You were both right about the bollard, the above wiring chart is what came with the bollard. Is there any way you can trigger this to rise when the alarm sounds and go down when it is reset on the premier 48 control panel? Cheers

You will need a relay to interface the bollard, use custom output AB.

When system is armed and triggers the output will activate as a pulse.
When system is disarmed it will activate as a pulse.

Would have been easier with the larger panel :D

Or use two outputs ( as you have two and wire them in parallel)
One as armed and the other as code entered/disarmed. Both as pulsed.

Wired into 26/29 with the bollard status inverted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back