Texecom Premier 48 - Set-up users with 4 digit codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have finished installing a 10 zone alarm on a texecom premier 48 control panel with 3 RKP. I am glad to say that after a few glitches it is finally fully working and I am very happy with the result and the functionality of the panel! However I am struggling setting up 4 digit codes for new users. The panel and RKP instructions state that "user codes are unique to each user and can be 4,5 or 6 digits long". I can easily set up users with 6 digit codes but if during the set up process I enter a 4 or 5 digit code followed by the "Yes" key in order to to continue with the set up, the display returns to the main user set up menu and does not accept the code and/or allow to continue with the user set up. However if during set up I enter a 6 digit code, it works fine and allows me to continue with the rest of the user set up. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any tips/tricks how to overcome this problem as I don't want the users to have codes longer than 4 digits? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You need to change the panel from grade 3 to grade 2 if you want to use 4 digit user codes.

Enter your engineer code

[3]

[YES]

[1]

[YES]

[37]

[NO]

[YES]

[MENU]

[MENU]

[MENU]

[YES]

thank you RF Lighting, that was the problem. I have changed one of the RKP and could then set up the 4 digit codes! Perfect. Thanks once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back