Texecom Premier Alarm Zone not working correctly

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi There,

I have a Texecom panel currently used for my home alarm. Everything is working great except that I wired up my electric fence energizer as an additional zone. Basically connected the energizer positive and negative to a normally closed 12v relay board and wired the zone as follows:

NC with a 3K3 resistor from the relay board to the alarm com input
Com from tHe relay board to an alarm zone. I also configured the zone as SEOL NC (wiring).

The problem is that if even my electric fence has an alarm condition, the zone is not active on my alarm. Sometimes, the zone is active when there is no alarm condition.

what type of EOL resistor should I be using and what can I check? I have tried all options and failed

Sponsored Links
It's a Texecom Premier 412 Panel. According to the energiser wiring, I don't need a resistor but then this is not picked up as a zone without a resistor. Connected a 3k3 resistor, set the zone to SEOL Normally Closed and the zone is showing as active regardless when there is an alarm or not

Sponsored Links
Here is the energiser wiring. I started connecting it as a normally open zone

Attachments

• Energizer Wiring.JPG
    Energizer Wiring.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 72

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back