Texecom Premier Elite 24 Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a Texecom Premier Elite 24 Alarm which I installed recently. It's been working great, however a couple of issues have arisen:-

1. We have two key prox tags, but the one that my partner is using, isn't sometimes being detected...why is this the case?

2. Last friday the alarm was activated as the missus took too long to disable it due to dodgy prox tag. This is not a problem, but the keypad then gives a "system alert" error and when she went out of the house that evening, she couldn't reactivate the alarm, because it said she needed to call engineer/alarm company. This is not a problem for me as I know how to access the engineers menu to clear this error, but my missus hates this as she likes a very simple system. Is there a way of disabling this option via wintex, so that she does not have to access the engineer's menu and can reactivate the alarm even with system alerts?

Sponsored Links
Sytem alerts could be half a dozen things you will have to look in the log to find out what's been happening, then you can fix it ..it may be engineer reset on alarm ? In the good old days !!! There was no system alerts it was a good old " line fault / mains fault / reset required and so on !

Go into wintex
Go into area ,select options
Check and turn off engineer reset if selected.

Swap prox tokens with other half and see if same happens ?
Could be finger trouble ?
Slowly place token on keypad near prox symbol NOT a quick swipe.

Thanks for helping me guys.

The alarm was activated originally because when she walked in, she didn't realise, but our little one ran past her interested o the living room, setting off the alarm before she could scan the prox.

I've tested the prox she has and you have to keep scanning it many times to get it detected, where mine works instantly.

Doesn't disabling the Engineer Reset option, stop the user from disabling the alarm??

Sponsored Links
Right I had another look and doh! I'm such a thicko....Handymanjo, I found the options you told me, but the Engineer Reset is not enabled on either A or B. All I have on there are two ..

wintex_engineers.jpg

You have confirmed alarm set for A and B
That will require you to use engineer code to reset alarm system following a confirmed alarm activation.
Remove A and B to make user code reset

You mean number 11 option???? So taking it off will stop the alarm from saying call an engineer?

Are you using sms text via comm 2400?
You will need to select part arm coms A&B if text required in part set mode

Yes
Turn off option 11 to stop engineer reset in confirmed alarm

All done! Thank you.

One quick question...how can I transfer a user's prox tag details to a new blank prox tag? One of ours as mentioned previously is definately playing up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back