Texecom Premier Elite 48 - SmartCom - Homebridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some assistance with setting up my Texecom Premier Elite 48 and SmartCom so that I can use it in HomeKit via Homebridge.

Panel setup
I have a the SmartCom connected on Com 1 and Com 2 (the latter shows as COM IP)
I have a Com2400 Speech Dialer installed at the top of the board
I also have a ricochet expander for wireless devices.

I have the Texecom Connect App which I can use to control the alarm. If the alarm goes off I get alerts in the app but I also get a call on my mobile from the Com2400 speech dialer.

Homebridge
I have Homebridge setup and have installed the following plugin to see my Texecom alarm in the Apple HomeKit app:

https://github.com/garethflowers/homebridge-texecom-connect

I understand that SmartCom requires two connections, one for connecting to the app and the other to send notifications.

Looking at the issues page for the Homebridge plugin, other users suggested making the following changes to the panel to get it to work with Homebridge:

1) Set COM IP (which is on Com 2) to Crestron
2) Set baud rate to 19200 (from 2400)

I did this and I could then see my alarm in the Homekit app (success).

A day or so later the power supply in my Texecom panel failed. My alarm company came out and replaced the power supply and did a walk test as part of the service. At this point the alarm stopped ringing me (seemed like the Com2400 Speech dialer was not working). I could still use the Texecom Connect app.

I changed the two settings above back to what they were but this did not seem to resolve the issue.

The engineer spent a couple of hours trying to figure out the issue/he called Texecom. Eventually, he got it working but was not sure how.

When I asked the engineer if we could set the two settings above to the values to allow homebridge connection he suggested that we could not as the SmartCom required two ports to work and the third com port was taken by the Com2400 speech dialer.

I would really like to get the alarm working with Homebridge/HomeKit again but I don't want to lose the speech dialer capabilities as the alarm ringing me is a really useful feature (I normally have my phone on silent so would probably not notice the app notification).

I am not sure if the power supply and Com2400 issues were related to my meddling or were just a coincidence.

The questions I have are

1) if I make the two changes above again to enable Homebridge, will the SmartCom and speech dialer continue to work correctly or will they be adversely affected?

2) Is there another way for me to get homebridge working?

I have attached a picture of my board in case that helps. Sorry for the long post but I thought I would try to give as much info as possible.

Attachments

• CleanShot 2022-01-06 at 6.14.57@2x.jpg
    CleanShot 2022-01-06 at [email protected]
    451.1 KB · Views: 267
Sponsored Links
Technically. you need a free comport.

The only panel would be 640 I suspect with 3 comports and a digimodem

thanks for the quick reply. Not sure if the second line is missing the end.

Is my only option to remove the Com2400 and replace it with a GSM option? Would I need to buy an additional COM IP module as well?

Sponsored Links
I know I am being greedy but I ideally want to have the following three bits of functionality:

1) Continue to be able to use the Texecom Connect App
2) Have the ability for the alarm to ring me when it goes off
3) Have HomeKit integration through HomeBridge

I am willing to buy new modules (depending on cost) if necessary

So I would keep my SmartCom on Com1 and Com2, use the Gjd710 (not sure where this would connect) and then connect another ComIP to Com3 (using the adapter to where my current Com2400 is located)?

If I do what I did earlier and change the settings on Com2 to Crestron and set baud rate to 19200, what part of my existing setup will stop working?

Your installer should be able to do this.
All depends on what comport the ARC is using for Texecom connect.

Smart com
Comip from smart com
Comip home automation
Com1,2,3 but gjd would use Digi outputs

Thank you very much for your advice. I really appreciate it. I have managed to find a cheap Com IP module, is the GJD 710 the only/best diaper you would recommend or are there others?

Well I use the gjd710 for it's function and price.

As for other options there are options available

Ok, will look out for a gjd710. Thanks again for your all your advice and quick replies. You provided me with a workable solution.

I now have both an additional ComIP and a GJD710 on order, will let you know how I get on with fitting them.

Would you be able to help me with the wiring of the GJD710. I have attached the layout for both the panel and dialler below.

Do I connect power (0v and 12v) to the section 7 on the panel (Aux 12v)?
I am not sure out to wire the O/P and TR terminals on the dialler. I assume these connect to the Digicom Outputs (section 4) of the panel?
I am also not sure if I need to do anything with the Tamper terminals on the dialler.

If you could give me clear instructions that would greatly appreciated.

Attachments

WRT power you can take it from anywhere as long as you don't exceed power available and blow the fuse.

If you are struggling for power you can place an inline 1A fuse on the DC+ on the digi outputs and take the power from there(this is fused so you need to add the 1A in line fuse if going down that route).

Digi outputs are what ever you program them up as.

The tamper is up to you but I always wire it into a spare zone on the panel.

There is a gsm dialler app to make programming easier too.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back