Texecom Premier Elite 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright all

Needing advice on wiring up a Texecom Premier Elite 48 system.
Kit I have below.
1x Premier Elite 48 CAB-0001
1x ComIP CEJ-0001 module
1x COM 2400 CEC-0001
1x Expander 8XP
10x PIR AFA-0001 AMQD
2x PIR AFS-0001 AM360QD
2x fire Exodus RR AGB-0002
2x Premier Elite Siren odyssey 3
1x Premier Elite keypad

still needing 2 more elite Keypads

Questions I have are.
1. what's the difference between keypads DBD-0170 & DBD-0136, both are white elite FMK units ?
2. what do I need to buy to get the Premier Elite SmartKey's to work?
3. Wiring the PIR AM360QD, 2x power wires easy, put the 2 wires from the PIR T & EOF, do I put them in the outer 2 connections on each zone on the panel, and the inner two get left open?
Cheers
:confused:
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Keypads ? Don't know prox/ non prox
Smart keys , you need a wireless expander
Pirs yes , but why did you buy antimask ? only used on grade 3 systems

Thanks for the reply, I'll order a wireless Expander (8XP-w GCD-0001) for the smartkeys to work.

Also found out the difference on the keypads, DBD-0136 is made from plastic and is no longer manufactured, where as the DBD-0170 is a metal keypad with a diamond white gloss finish.

As for the PIR'S i would like to say i got them because they were cheap, but was lack of knowledge on my part, i just went for the more expensive type :confused:
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have the DBD-0171, which is the Surface Mounted keypad.
The metal keypads are very high quality.

Also, if you are going to have a Flush Mounted Keypad, I think you are meant to get the plastic backing box too. I don't think it comes included with the FMK
DBE-0002

It looks a similar size to the kind of backing plate used for mains plugs, but I haven't looked at dimensions in detail

Good to know SNM,
I just kept it simple and went with Surface Mounted. plus the keypad is out of the way enough that it doesnt matter to me if it sticks out a bit more.

to be honest I don't think the hassle of chopping out brick work is worth it given the difference in final thickness from the wall, theres some houses in my neck of the woods with one brick thickness between two homes, be through to the next house so very easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back