Texecom Premier Elite Areas vs Part Arming?

Yes, makes sense. The PIR that's on Guard Access isn't anywhere near the entry/exit route, so I expect he fumbled that one.

I'll change the text to say, "leave through the door" or something that sounds less "errory".

I've got some more Ricochet PIRs coming tomorrow to cover the outbuildings a little better, so will try and remember to add them to the Partial Arm :)

If you come in the Summer, we can enjoy a drink with the Brummies we import for Burnham and Weston Super Mare.

Sponsored Links
Area Programming > Area Text > you can edit the text for Area A which i think you"ll then see on the keypad.

Annoyingly no it doesn't change on the keypad - perhaps it's set somewhere else. All the other bits of text I've changed are pre-populated on Wintex and I edit them, in the Area Text bit it's blank by default, so perhaps it's somewhere else. I'll update if I find it.

Just to resurrect this for one tiny question - if anyone can help. If @Alarm Engineer is about, then even better because I already owe him drinks.

Having the key fobs for neighbours auto-setting a full alarm has been an issue a couple of times when the dog and cats are roaming the gaff - pet friendly or not, it seems our large animals can set it off in the right instance so we've been leaving it on part set to protect doors and outbuildings. Neighbour pops in, unsets, re-sets (auto set) and it's gone to full set. Which is correct but is what causes the issue.

Switching it to part set auto arming appears to be impossible? I've been groping around in Wintex trying to find a way to do it and have failed. Is there a better solution available, or just take off the auto and teach them how to press some buttons as well as use the fob :)

Sponsored Links
Could you enable Quick arm? Neighbour will then press the “Part” (man in house) button. This wil then part arm for you.

Pets must be under around 30kg for most Pet PIRs.

Could you enable Quick arm? Neighbour will then press the “Part” (man in house) button. This wil then part arm for you.

Pets must be under around 30kg for most Pet PIRs.

That sir is close enough. Less for them to have to think about the better.

I was considering flipping the part and full arm around, thus making the quick arm enable a part arm by default, but that's perhaps beyond my brain.

Thanks again!

Seems to give the same options to a keyfob as before. Under Area/Options Auto Part Arm is set to .. and I tried to set that to A I think and it made no odds. I'll find my glasses and the book and give it a scan.

Thanks though.

When you press ‘part’ can you then use the down arrow to view the other part sets?

Pretty sure that happens anyway when you disable auto-arming. They just need to press part and yes. It's not the end of the world for them.

Ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back