Texecom Premier Elite arming issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

I recently moved in to a new home with a Texecom system. Everything has been working fine over the last month.

This morning however, I accidentally triggered my own alarm and had two issues:

1. First, unusually, I was unable to reset the alarm - I had to wait for 15 minutes for the alarm to turn off
2. Second, I now cannot arm any alarms. When I attempt to, it says "Preparing to ARM" and gets stuck on that screen.

Please can anyone advise on what I should do?]

Thanks
G

Sponsored Links
Don’t understand why you had to wait 15 minutes, that sounds like the bell time expiring.

Preparing to arm occurs when the system is waking up DT-W.

I would look at what is recorded in the event log in the first case.

Do you have the engineers code?

Thanks SecureIAM,

Yes the event log states what is expected - Bell alarm ringing, alarm disarmed, zone reset. However the alarm continued for a full 15 minutes, probably due to the time expiring.

I have the engineers code. Any advice on what I should do with the code?

Much appreciated,
G

sorry but your summary doesn't not help me, and we should go back as far as the user starting to set the system and to report back the events as recorded step by step.

Sponsored Links
Ah this will be challenging as it was already all set up when I purchased the property.

We've been using it fine since we moved in, it was just an incident this morning that somehow made my alarm unable to arm. I have the exact same issue as the person in a separate post - https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/help-setting-up-texecom-elite-48.486883/#post-3963748

I wonder if I just need to reconfigure everything? As I am new to this I probably will need to call someone in to help...

G

you need to go through the event log.

at least from setting the alarm and up until it was disarmed as this may provide information and limit some guess work, but then again it may not....

Thanks Secure I AM,

I think i figured it out so thanks for the prompt. It appears to be an issue with an external siren (programmed as Zone 40, custom mode etc). Once I "re-learned" the device, everything seemed to revert back to normal.

I have no idea what triggered it though, must be one of those things that happen on occasion. Which reminds me, that I really should pay for a maintenance contract rather than rely on myself (unless you recommend otherwise!)

Thanks,
G

I cant advise on whether you should have a contract or not.

You would need to have a contract with a company that knows what its doing.

You shouldn't have to delete a device and relearn it on to reset an issue except as a last resort, you need to establish why certain events occurred. The wireless bell has a jumper selectable timer, to save battery, looks like its set at 15minutes rather than 3.

You should always re do the ricochet mesh by placing in comissioning mode if you delete or add a device to the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back