Help setting up Texecom Elite 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just want to start off saying it's the first time I'm using this forum and hopefully I'll get the help needed to sort out my alarm.

So I've bought a Texecom 48 (metal box, I believe there's 2 different types.) and having trouble getting it to arm. So what I have is:

Premier Elite 48
Wired keypad
Wireless sounder
Wireless PIR X5
Wireless door contact x2
Wireless panic button x1

I have done the learning on all devices and it has picked them all up perfectly. I've had to do this few times as I messed up. The first time I did it I could test the sounder from the keypad. The siren would go off and the strobe would flash. This no longer works but the LEDs show it is connected to the system.

The second issue I'm having is setting the alarm. In the future I do want to set 3 different areas but right now all I want to be able to do is arm the thing! When I enter the code and press yes to arm is says "Preparing to arm" with a little spinning bar. Even when using the door for Entry/Exit it still does nothing at all.

Please help me!!

Thank you

Sam

Sponsored Links
How long does preparing to arm show? This is the system waking up the sensors and is dependent on how many sensors you have but should not take anymore than 10secs or so then it should start arming & making the exit tone.

As for your siren, maybe delete & relearn or open ricochet expander & leave lid off for 15mins so the system can re-establish the wireless network.

How long does preparing to arm show? This is the system waking up the sensors and is dependent on how many sensors you have but should not take anymore than 10secs or so then it should start arming & making the exit tone.

As for your siren, maybe delete & relearn or open ricochet expander & leave lid off for 15mins so the system can re-establish the wireless network.

It doesn't show a time. Just a little spinning bar. I left it on for a good minute or 2 and still didn't get a count down timer. I just get a solid beep from the keypad.

As for the siren I've tried so many things. It's 100% registered according to the LEDs and the keypad shows sounder is registered.

I would consider defaulting the expander and re-learning all devices again.

Sponsored Links
I suspect you have some devices in hybrid mode which are not DT-W devices, preparing to arm shows when the DT's are being woken up, also can find issues if the ricochet mesh has not been commissioned correctly.

I would start from scratch, ie default the expander this should be in the manual somewhere, I prefer to go through the learning process and press reset when its counting down for each and every zone.

Then start the learning process, then commission the mesh.

Then do all your tests

I suspect you have some devices in hybrid mode which are not DT-W devices, preparing to arm shows when the DT's are being woken up, also can find issues if the ricochet mesh has not been commissioned correctly.

I would start from scratch, ie default the expander this should be in the manual somewhere, I prefer to go through the learning process and press reset when its counting down for each and every zone.

Then start the learning process, then commission the mesh.

Then do all your tests

This was exactly the problem. I had them all set to hybrid. Reset the whole system and relearned all the sensors and siren. Everything is working as it should :D

Now just to work out how to program different areas.

Thank you

Sorry guys need a bit more help.

So I have areas set up BUT I need the alarm to go off when the front door is opened on 2 areas. At the moment I'm getting a 10 second delay on all areas. I've had a look through the settings and can't find a way to change them.

Any ideas?

Thank you

can you be more specific as to what you mean by need the alarm to go off when the front door is opened on 2 areas

can you be more specific as to what you mean by need the alarm to go off when the front door is opened on 2 areas
Sorry not very good with alarm technical term. So when I have the whole house set and I open the front door to come in I get 10 seconds to disarm which is fine. When I have it set when we're in bed (part set) the front door still allows 10 seconds before the alarm is triggered and siren sounds. I want to change the front door to trigger the alarm straight away when part set.

Hope that makes sense.

Sam

In Zone Setup go to the front door circuit setup, go to its attributes and enable "Guard" that will give an instant alarm on part set and a timed entry in full set.

Atributes 1
*******G

In Zone Setup go to the front door circuit setup, go to its attributes and enable "Guard" that will give an instant alarm on part set and a timed entry in full set.

Atributes 1
*******G
I was told this couldn't be done but it worked!! Thank you very much!!!!!

Ok i now have another issue. If I arm the alarm to full and walk through the front door and i put in my code it says "Code not allowed, use tag." Once I put the code in for the third time it'll disarm. I've only got one user code set up. I did have 4 in total but deleted them as I thought that may have been the issue. If its part set the code works fine.

Also I deleted the tags so I'm not sure why it wants a tag to disarm. I've even tried putting the tag against it but won't do anything.

ask the right question get the right answer ??

would love to know who said it couldn't be done, but it could be the way the question was asked.

Enginner mode > Setup Users go to each individial users attributes & your see *****C Press '6' to take away the 'C' on each user.

Enginner mode > Setup Users go to each individial users attributes & your see *****C Press '6' to take away the 'C' on each user.
Thank you. Just read this on another forum.

You guys have saved me so much money! Would have had to call someone out if it wasn't for this forum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back