Help setting up Texecom Elite 48

Evening guys,

I'm back again!! So I finally got myself some time today to put up the bell box outside the house. The instructions said I could put the bell on holdoff mode while I'm fitting it as with the cover off the tamper will go off. Instructions said to press the "Omit" key when in Bell Test mode which I did by going into the engineers settings. This didn't actually work for me for some reason so I just put some tape on the tamper switch while I fitted it. Ok so I just went out and came home and decided to trigger the alam to see the strobe. Nothing happened. Keypad is beeping away but nothing on the bell box. No sound no strobe.

I've gone back into the engineers settings and gone to test bell. It says "Bell is disabled" but if I click yes it'll happily do the test. Any idea how to enable it?

I've tried looking online and going through the manual but can't find anything. I recall reading a bit that said it resets itself once the tamper switch is reset.

Thank you

Sam.

Sponsored Links
When you do a bell test, that should bring the bell back online, this can be seen by the leds on the bell box.

if it bell hold off didn't work is the bell a texecom bell and is it wired correctly?

Hi guys,

I'm back again and need help again please.

So my PIR sensor in my kitchen kept going dead. Changed the battery 2-3 times and today I got a replacement under warranty. Anyway I had to relearn the sensor and some how I managed to delete all the other sensors. I have now relearnt them and they pick up movement as they should and trigger the alarm. Although I do need to relearn the bell box as it doesn't work but I guess I could do that later on.

So at the moment I'm trying to get the areas setup. I have completely forgotten how I did this. Read through everything I asked and I can't work it out. So when I arm the whole house it works perfectly fine. I now need to set it so the upstairs hallway sensor does not guard when in bed but obviously I want the rest of the house guarded. I then need another setup so the upstairs hallway and garage are not guarded but the rest of the house is.

Thank you

Sam

Ok I found a really guide guide online so I have now managed to set the areas up.

Is there anyway of the keypad beeping when the front door is opened with the alarm unset?

Sponsored Links
I strongly recomedn you relearn the bell box on asap and once all devices are on you do the commissioning mode. Once the commissioning mode is complete then take out of commissioning mode.

beeping or chime?

press chime on the keypad and listen, when the chime is sounded pressing the chime key, any doors programed to chime will chime, if when you press the chime key the chime tone isn't sounded any zones programmed to chime wont sound.

I strongly recomedn you relearn the bell box on asap and once all devices are on you do the commissioning mode. Once the commissioning mode is complete then take out of commissioning mode.

beeping or chime?

press chime on the keypad and listen, when the chime is sounded pressing the chime key, any doors programed to chime will chime, if when you press the chime key the chime tone isn't sounded any zones programmed to chime wont sound.

I'm a bit confused with the commissioning bit. I don't remember doing anything like that when I set it up before. Is this something that is done if its wired? Mine is all wireless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back