Texecom Premier Elite help

As if the zones were not disabled, you would have system alerts and the zones showing in tamper, they would also show in the log

Sponsored Links
Ok, I assume the current problem has nothing to do with the sensor being removed and placed on to a new door.
So it looks like I’ll need to get someone out? I don’t have details for the engineer that fitted this to begin with, could I get any engineer out?

Jack, I doubt you will get a site visit at all.

The guidelines most of us should have been issued would prohibit site visits.

mainly due to the risk of us visiting an infected household and passing it several others as we visit others. This may change, but it’s difficult to say what that might involve, but could be masks for everyone in the property and strict cleaning and distancing.

It can be looked at remotely by anyone.

An app code for example would allow diagnostics to be carried out and to review programming.

With you in the property walk tests etc can be done an advice given on what is happening and what can be done.

Thanks for your advice. My wife found the details of the engineer and I’ve contact him. He has asked us to continue using the app until he is back working as understandably he is unable to visit at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Yes I must have those details as I am currently using the app.

he has not mentioned remotely accessing the system, just advised he’d need to come take a look at it.

The diagnostics can done without a site visit, fixing it may or may not need a site visit.

The event log showed remote part arm not full arm?

Exit started, is a full arm from keypad

Remote part arm is from the app which we use to set downstairs at night.

Exit started was me trying to put the house on full alarm mode from the key pad.

We aren’t using the keypad for part arming at night because I weren’t sure if it would work because full arm isn’t.

Hello,

I did a walk test this morning, I have zones 009-016, it didn’t pick up the front door, back door or the downstairs hallway sensor.

The PIR (hallway?) you can redo that test easily enough but wait 5 minutes since the last time you passed it.

The front and rear door sensors are contacts? These should be available all the time, so i would be looking at ricochet diagnostics and ricochet monitor to see what the system has to say.

Your saying there is no alerts, which doesn't quite add up, as a supervision fault would be expected after 2 hours.

Its possible but unlikely that the mode for those devices has been changed?
Were the zones ever placed to not used whilst you had the work done?

Yes the PIR, I’ll redo the test. Yes front and rear door are contacts.
No there aren’t any alerts.
No they weren’t, the company took the sensor off and the alarm went off. The back door hasn’t been changed so unsure why that one isn’t working.
I think I’m out of my depth with this, I’m going to speak to the engineer today to ask them to connect remotely.

strange, and engineer would normally put there system into engineers mode and remove the sensosr, if it was to be off for any length of time the system should have been programmed to account for this and then programmed back when the job was finished.

its possible that the zones for the front and rear have been either deleted or put to not used.

But the initial tamper when it was taken off suggests that the zones weren't switched to not used.

How long has the system been in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back