Texecom Premier Elite help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, apologies if I don’t use the correct terminology, with the current corona virus situation we are unable to get some out to look at our alarm.
We have a Texecom premier elite alarm system and recently had our front door changed. Since the change we have been unable to alarm the house using the keypad, it beeps to set but once we shut the door it does not activate. We can however set the alarm on the app.
I am unsure if maybe the micro contact needs resetting? Please could someone help me! Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Check the event log for fail to arm on front door.
Post photo of door contact sited on door

The guidance issued to installers is emergencies only for entering occupied premises, further restrictions advised if household is self isolating so remote assistance is all that can be offered in most cases.

The event log will tell you what’s happened.

however app assumes you are not on site, so arms instantly, whereas in site panel is probably programmed for arming mode e/e.

this requires font door to go open then closed, app shouldn’t arm if zone was active.

Handyman no - no fails on the event log. I’ll attach photo. Thank you.

Attachments

• DA984161-BA82-401B-9226-8A49A698E35D.jpeg
    DA984161-BA82-401B-9226-8A49A698E35D.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 215
Sponsored Links
Secureiam - we are self isolating at the moment so no one in or out!
The event log just shows armed and disarmed no faults shown.
we have been using the app to set the alarm in the evening for downstairs as we were unsure if the keypad would work as it is not working when leave the house.

If it’s full arming by the app.

you can set via the keypad by opening and closing the door I suspect when you start the panel in exit.

in the event log you would expect to see exit started ????? When using the keypad to arm system. So what’s in the log.

Your system can be looked at remotely via an engineer as you have the connect app.

No faults on the keypad?
What do you mean by not working when you leave the house?

Have you tried starting the arming process on the keypad, opening the door nd then closing it?

during that process what does the panel do?

So the event log has the following entries:
REMOTPART1 Armed (time&date)
DOWNLOAD 1 END
DOWNLOAD 1 START
REMOTE DISARMED
Com1 Rmt Command

So when we go to set the alarm if leaving the house we enter the code and set it to arm, it makes that long chime until we open the door and close it but the chime doesn’t change to say it’s activated and is still making the noise after several minutes.

I’ve just tried to arm by opening and closing the door but after a few minutes the chime was still going and when I touched the keypad it just asks if I want to cancel exit

Difficult to say, if the tone changes when you open the door it’s registering the door opening.

what does it now say in the log?

enterthe code open close the door, if the code is entered during that period it would ask if you wish to cancel exit

I don’t think the tone changes at all from when I hit the tick to confirm I want to arm the alarm. That alarm stays in place until I cancel the alarm because it hasn’t worked.
The log now says:
EXIT STARTED 1,1
EXIT STOPPED 1,1

I’ve just been on the keypad to view the status of the zones and 001-008 say tamper?
But the rest including the front door say secure.

Zones 1 to 8 are hard wired, your door contact is wireless, so zone status of 1 to 8 are irrelevant if system alerts are not on the keypad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back