Texecom Premier Elite help

We’ve had the alarm for just over a year.
The router was recently changed as the WiFi was poor. It weren’t the engineer who removed the door sensor it was the door company as we were going to call the engineer back out to sort if there was a problem. To be honest we’ve had problems since the router and door were changed and those happened at the same time.

Sponsored Links
without looking at the system remotely cant say what is going on for certain.

There is a history gap, ie installation door removal, device replacement and event log.

The tamper set off the alarm which is what I would expect when device moved.
The device not registering as you suggest would indicate a fault, but your saying there are no faults in the log.
I would have expected polling errors and eventually a supervision fault.

If the devices manage to poll in, within the two hour window, I would expect a supervision fault not to be in the log.
However if that was the case I would expect the device to function, at the very least the rear door as that was untouched?

I would look at the whole event log downloaded via wintex, and go as far back as i can datewise, ie to door being replaced if possible.
I would look at ricochet monitor to see how the devices are being seen by the ricochet and look at ricochet diagnostics.

If the devices hadn't been talking for a long time, I would expect to see in ricochet diagnostics nothing for the front and rear doors ie blank as no data received, in ricochet monitor I would expect to see the last coms in and a blue device suggesting it hasn't polled in.

Based on this information I would then be looking at the front door and frame and want to know its construction, but this all depends on the data the system has or doesn't have.

We could then look at the devices specifically and do some tests.
I would also look at zone programming, just things don't quite add up at the minute, but that could be the communication of the problem.

So there is a lot to look at, but pretty much al of it can be done remotely.

If you don't have a service contract with the engineer that installed it then anyone can take a look, if that engineer isn't available to do so.

Were they a security installer or someone that installed alarms?

Sounds like a lot of investigating. I remember seeing certain warnings when the WiFi router was changed and again when the door contact was removed but these were cleared down on the keypad.
It’s very odd as the alarm initially full armed by the keypad after the door was replaced, it’s only been within the last few weeks that this has stopped working.

We used someone who installs alarms.

Like I say, you are at a point where the only way to know is to have a look at the system and to get you to do certain things whilst doing some of the tests or wait for the installer to come back and have a look.

you could try replacing the batteries which are Cr2450 for the micro contacts as in your picture. However that may or may not resolve your issue full or short term as we haven't been able to confirm whats going on and the front and rear contacts we wouldn't expect to be related particularly based on what you have said to date.

Opening the unit up would generate a tamper/ illuminate the device. I would expect the batteries to last 2 years or there abouts under normal useage but there are other things at play, you should have had a low battery warning though if it was getting low.

Sponsored Links
Ok, cheers. I’ll try and see if I can have a look at all the things you’ve just advised.
I would of thought we would of had a low battery warning but we haven’t.

I would have expected one also, so doubt it is, but it is something you can try and it may work it may not without the integration being carried out which would be better off course.

if you had wintex, you could generate an app code from your phone and setup and download the panels profile and take a look at what is going on, but you need to know what to look for and how to interpret it along with what to try next.

Ok I’ll give that a try also. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back