Texecom premier elite tamper fault on Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I installed 6pirs on my new panel. Bell and keypad is working fine but the alarm won’t arm as it keeps displaying zone 1-8 tamper faults even tho I have linked out the zones completely and linked out the factory aux/fault connection. How do I sort this out. I used four wires and linked out the tamper on all pirs aswel. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably because they are set to EOL and not normally closed .....assuming it’s a premier 24 ?

Hi. Thanks for your reply. If I place some eol resistors will this fault go away. Or can I set them to no/nc? How do I do that

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20191222-210215.png wire Pir's as diagram will sort issue with tamper fault.Would not recommend wiring as nc as harder to fault find in future.

I’m unfamiliar to this so don’t mind if I ask to be sure , does that mean I put two set of resistors on every pir

Yes
What detectors are you using as some come with resistors built in and you select the correct jumper configuration.

Texecom compact pirs, not sure if they t built in. It’s confusing why don’t they just supply 16 resistors with the 8 zone panel n it would be easier to make sense of it

Lol ....you tell Texecom that ....penny pinching ...not supplying them anymore ...the compacts have resistors built in ...but again Texecom don’t inc a manual for the pirs

If the compacts have resistors built in what would be the correct way to wire them. Just one wire on tamp n one on alarm . Is that right ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back