Texecom Premier message

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
The mains supply circuit went off briefly when the frost protection heater in my garage came on and the RCD tripped.

After resetting it, the green Power indicator on the alarm keypad is on, but it displays "Power O/P fault"

Does "O/P" mean the mains supply, or does it mean there is something wrong with the standby battery? It is less than a year old.

It also displays a message saying contact (my maintainer) to reset. It looks like I can't reset it with my Manager code. This is rather tiresome. With my previous Galaxy system I could clear and reset messages.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried code and press reset ?
Turn alarm on with code and then off with code ?

will the panel set ? As the psu in the elite is rubbish ....it may be faulty ( well the output from the psu to say it’s a psu issue )

Sponsored Links
Depends on how it's setup to if it's user or engineer resettable.

If the PSU is faulty after your heater trip, then it requires PSU replace.

However, turn mains off, disconnect battery, reconnect battery, close panel, put mains back on.

Reset time and date with master user code.

It's on a costly maintenance contract, as it has police response, so I suppose I'll call them tomorrow. I don't find it as easy as the Galaxy. I think I pay extra for "remote reset"

I've noticed the timeclock drifts, even without any faults occurring. I reset the clock every couple of months, when it gets inaccurate enough for me to notice. That's quite unusual with electronic clocks. I'll bring that up at the next maintenance call.

Psu swop and firmware upgrade is the only thing that will sort that clock issue ....what firmware you running ? Menu and 4 on the keypad will tell you

if the clock is drifting and psu fail, then a psu swap is required withot any doubt.

I know Texecom claim firmware for the time fix, however found replacing the PSU solves it full stop and the firmware did jack.

Our company have replaced psu's and they still have time issues.
Changing a traditional transformer for a switch mode power is one of the worst things Texecom have done.

There are a few variants of the PSU knocking about now as to which one is the best is hard to say as it's not 100% clear as to which one is which.

Were the mains checked for frequency as that's how the time is calculated, maybe it's time they looked at a real time clock.

Also dirty mains as Texecom refer to can cause issues.

Not been convinced as every PSU swap so far ressolved the issue.

I have a supply test meter that monitors voltage and frequency, it has always shown the national figure, very close to 50 Hz, when I look at it. Not an an island or anything.

really that's a little strange think its time you got your engineer in to look at your system.

Only time I have known the buttons not to respond is when the unit isn't correctly connected or the keypad has been damaged.

The mains frequency changes slightly as one of the means to maintain a stable grid supply, but it should always average out to exactly 50Hz over a longer period.
Having said that the clock in mine does drift slightly. I use the clock adjustment menu but it's not sufficiently precise. With one value the clock gains and with the next it loses.
Mine also has the bug where a mains failure sets off the PSU failure indication with repeated beeps.
We do have a large UPS running other devices and I have wondered about moving the alarm panel to it, but there are arguments against this.

mains failure period beeping isn't a bug, its to let you know the mains is off and if you have the mains delay set for say 10 minutes it shouldn't kick in until that delay has expired. cant remember the interval of the beeps until power is restored to normal.

if your on the crystal that is where the time correction comes in and it resets at the end of the day from memory.

I have seen comments made about solar panels and UPS interfering with the mains, but as a solar panel user I haven't seen an issue with it.

When I check the fluctuation with https://www.mainsfrequency.com/ I see a very consistent frequency, very little variation, not dire how precise or reliable this method is for looking at the frequency.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back