Texecom Ricochet Keypad no longer connecting to panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Whilst our alarm was in engineering mode my daughter was fiddling with the keypad and now the keypad is no longer connected wirelessly to the panel. It works if I plug it in directly.

Can anyone advise on how I can reconnect it to the ricochet network. I have tried plugging it into the panel and following the original setup instructions but it doesn't learn the network.

The panel is a premier elite 48-W and is running V4 firmware the keypad is the premier elite LCDLP-W

Thanks in advance.

J

Sponsored Links
Is it still learned to the panel?

What does the keypad do when you press a button?

Thanks for the reply.

No its no longer learned to the panel.

It shows 'Do you want to search for a Ricochet network' then it searches but comes up with the message 'No Ricochet network found'

Sponsored Links
Alas your the second person on this forum in recent times having this kind of issue.

Having looked at that system remotely it wasn't 100% certain as to what was going on.

If the device is learned at the panel, you could try down powering the panel and repowering back up.
If its not learned you could try down powering before learning back on. (this didnt work on the system i looked at and had to load back the wintex profile to get anything from the keypad in ricochet monitor).

The next step is to default the wireless expander entirely from the learn ricochet menu (this should be in the manual for the process), then power cycle the panel.
You could then try wintex to repopulate, but you may end up repeating the process and learning the devices on manually.

Note there were a hell of a lot of devices on the other panel so didnt do this (remotely), there were some devices that had flat batteries and the last i heard from them was they were waiting for some batteries to arrive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back