Texecom - adding new wireless keypad.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an already installed Texecom Premier Elite alarm, the screen on the wired keypad got smashed. I bought a new (used) one on eBay, upon turning it on, it asks if you want to connect to the ricochet network, when you press tick if searches for 30 seconds then says it can’t find a network.
Do I need the engineers lead to set it up?
Or is there a way to reset the keypad to factory settings?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What Texecom control panel do you have? Does to have ricochet expander/ wireless panel.
Why have you purchased a wireless keypad to replace a wired keypad.

Hi, it is:

Texecom KIT-0086 Premier Elite 64-W Ricochet 64 Zone Wireless Alarm Kit with Wired Keypad​

I bought a Wireless as I though the screen would be the same and I could just swap that, it looks the same, lights up ok but doesn’t display anything.

You would be better off with a wired keypad straight swap to replace damaged one.
You will need to learn the new wireless keypad on to your system .

Sponsored Links
You're far better off replacing with another wired pad. The wireless keypad has a much inferior dim LCD display, and you won't have to bother with batteries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back